PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Need mms help. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1997)

Nic 01-23-2007 12:18 AM

Need mms help.

I tried a search on this. No findings though. I downloaded the cab file. There was no option to open the file after I downloaded it. When i manually try to open it after download, it says, "there is no application associated with "ppcgeeksprintmms". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application." Please help.

wowthatisrandom 01-23-2007 12:21 AM

a cab is a file designed to be opened on the phone... do that it will install and ull be set...

copy the file to the phone is the first step

Nic 01-23-2007 12:28 AM

Thanks wowthatisrandom, but I believe I already copied it to the phone. I can find it on the phone, I just get that message when I try to open it.

wowthatisrandom 01-23-2007 12:36 AM

then its probably installed? did u get the installed successfully? to send a picture... go to your email push the left or right button on the dpad and that should change the it to mms then push new and select pix message (from what i understand flix doesnt work yet) and u should be set

Nic 01-23-2007 12:44 AM

Thanks again. I know how to switch once it is installed. I did not get installed successfully? I tried to download it from my treo on this site. Is that right, or do i need to do something else. I thought I knew what I was doing, apparently not.

wowthatisrandom 01-23-2007 12:48 AM

just download it again from here and use activesync to bring it to your phone

Nic 01-23-2007 12:33 PM

I was able to sync the mmms file to the phone and download it. 1. It did not soft reset itself. 2. When I try to send a pic to a phone# I get a message that says "can't recognize one or more recipients or the address is invalid. Would u like to send it anyway?"
3. When I click yes, I get a message that says" Outlook email, imap4, and pop3 email accts cannot be used to send text messages." Any clue?

Yay 4 Juggs 01-23-2007 12:34 PM

you dont have it installed properly...go back remove arcsoft from your device and start over...you may have to do the manual install and reg edit to add the sprint servers.

Pibe38 01-23-2007 12:38 PM

You said you sync'ed it, does this mean you just copied it to the device? If that's what you did then you need to execute the CAB from the device itself. Think of it as an EXE file for a regular PC.

Nic 01-23-2007 12:55 PM

I'm not sure how to do that. Not trying to clutter up this froum with my lack of know how. I would really appreciate some feedback.
I dl'd the file to the comp. then put it in the active sync folder, then opened it on my treo. again, I do have the mms option under messaging. @ just can't do anything with it.