PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Lurker

celticbum2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
phonealarm bluetooth issue

A while back I had an issue with my bluetooth. Everytime I tried getting into the Bluetooth icon on the top right hand corner it would do nothing, even when I went into the main setting s of my Treo. I thought it was a program like tomtom or something that tried to use Bluetooth. I did a hard reset and took my time putting programs back on to make sure the same thing didn't happen. Last night, I pressed the BT button on the phonealarm on my Today screen. It went on (turns blue). I then pressed it again to turn it off and now it's messed up again. When you press the BT button the windows timer thingy pops up to show it's waiting, but it never stops and all you can do is soft reset. The main Bluetooth now does nothing again when you press it. I took so long resetting my phone after the hard reset, I don't want to do it again. I tried uninstalling phonealarm, but it does nothing. Any suggestions?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Re: phonealarm bluetooth issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbum2
A while back I had an issue with my bluetooth. Everytime I tried getting into the Bluetooth icon on the top right hand corner it would do nothing, even when I went into the main setting s of my Treo. I thought it was a program like tomtom or something that tried to use Bluetooth. I did a hard reset and took my time putting programs back on to make sure the same thing didn't happen. Last night, I pressed the BT button on the phonealarm on my Today screen. It went on (turns blue). I then pressed it again to turn it off and now it's messed up again. When you press the BT button the windows timer thingy pops up to show it's waiting, but it never stops and all you can do is soft reset. The main Bluetooth now does nothing again when you press it. I took so long resetting my phone after the hard reset, I don't want to do it again. I tried uninstalling phonealarm, but it does nothing. Any suggestions?
That's a tough one. I'm using phoneAlarm v1.58 - I turn Bluethooth on and off all the time without issue. Questions:

Which version of phoneAlarm are you using?
What other apps do you have installed?
What Bluetooth devices have you paired with?
Old 01-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

celticbum2 is a n00b
I had version 1.56 at the time. I've tried uninstalling that, reinstalling, and even upgrading to 1.58 but to no avail.

I don't have any other programs which I would think would interfere and I don't have any devices using bluetooth as of now, but I'd like to in the future. If it stays the way it is, I won't be able to get into the settings to make a partnership.

If you can't figure this out, what is the correct settings to do a Sprite restore/backup. The last time this happened and I did the hard rest, when I restored with Sprite, everything looked the same, but none of the programs I installed worked. The icons were there, but I had to reinstall everything on the device itself. What settings need to be checked on Sprite to get the phone to be exactly the way it was before? Thanks so much.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
im using 1.58 as well with no problems at all... i can make only one suggestion after reading what has been said... cause the problem again (yes i know it sux) and make sure ur using phone alarms logging and send the log to bruce (creator of phonealarm) he has the answer to everything...

to turn on logging go to PAsettings about and tap the logo ...

hope that helps if that didnt the log and bruce will he has solved ne issue i have ever had and does it in a VERY timely matter (1day usually)
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
I encountered this a number of times and did some digging. Please see the finding in this thread:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/bt-wont-turn...-up-t2377.html

Jeff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX