PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Help with ActiveSync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1978)

j-rad 01-22-2007 03:27 AM

Help with ActiveSync

I just started messing around with ActiveSync, and I'm having a problem. I want to sync my calendar on Outlook (on my desktop) to my Treo 700wx through ActiveSync, but everytime I sync it never transfers anything from my desktop - just from the phone to the desktop.

I went into the options where you can check/uncheck what you want to sync, and my whole Desktop area is grayed out - I can't check any of the boxes. Anyone know how I can fix this so I can sync from my desktop to my phone?

j-rad 01-23-2007 01:05 AM

nothin huh?

lawmangrant 01-23-2007 02:17 AM

Well,

go into your AS setting on your phone, make sure everything is checked....

And then, under options, make sure it has to overwrite or combine your entries.

AS is a two way street, so make sure both sides know what it needs to do.

j-rad 01-23-2007 10:33 AM

Re: Help with ActiveSync

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rad
I went into the options where you can check/uncheck what you want to sync, and my whole Desktop area is grayed out - I can't check any of the boxes. Anyone know how I can fix this so I can sync from my desktop to my phone?

It's the same when I check the settings on my phone, as when I check the settings on ActiveSync on my PC.

When I go to ActiveSync on the phone, the main screen shows when the last time I synced was. It says "

Treo
Synchronized: 1/22/07

Windows PC
Synchronized: 12/15/06

I don't know what's going on, why won't it sync my PC stuff.

storyr 01-23-2007 11:24 AM

Re: Help with ActiveSync

Quote:

Quote:

It's the same when I check the settings on my phone, as when I check the settings on ActiveSync on my PC.

When I go to ActiveSync on the phone, the main screen shows when the last time I synced was. It says "

Treo
Synchronized: 1/22/07

Windows PC
Synchronized: 12/15/06

I don't know what's going on, why won't it sync my PC stuff.

It sounds to me like you don't have a partnership, or it's damaged. Or, it could be your Outlook version is too old? Here's a link to Microsoft's Activesync help page. Look at the very bottom for Outlook synchronization issues

In Activesync on the PC, go to File -> Mobile Device. Your device should be listed there.

My suggestion is to delete the device from Activesync (on the PC), then reestablish it.

1. Undock your device
2. From Activesync on your PC, File -> Delete Mobile Device
3. Cradle your device and set it up again.

j-rad 01-23-2007 12:07 PM

Thanks Storyr.. worked perfect