PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

j-rad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about mail2web...

So I want to try out push email, with my gmail account. Everyone says to use mail2web, but I don't know much about it.

The free version, mail2web LIVE (i think), does the push email.. but when you reply or create an email it will send it from your name@mail2web.com address? Or am I getting something mixed up?

Then, if you pay $1.99/mo, you can have it send from your gmail address instead of your mail2web address?

I just want to try it out, so I figure as long as I have everyone above correct, I can just use the free version for now.. then maybe later pick up the $1.99 version. Is there anything else the free version limits me to, though?

Also - on my today screen I have the Messaging item there to show me when I have new text messages mainly.. since I haven't set up an email account or anything yet. But, is there a way to have 2 different items on the today screen to show for new messages? Because I would like to have the one that's there show me my new text messages, but another one to alert me to emails once I set this stuff up.

If thats hard to understand let me know and I'll clarify it - but I think everyone will know what I'm saying. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
You are basically correct, if you just want to try it then use the free version but you'll need to reply from the mail2web account. If you want to be able to reply with the gmail account you need the $1.99 account to set up a proxy so it looks like you are answering from gmail.

I don't remember how the original messaging plugin works, it may tell you something like 2 e-mails, 2 SMS but I don't remember. If you want something to show on the screen exactly what kind of message you received, I'd suggest PhoneAlarm.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchHD
Carrier: starhub

zenkinz is a n00b
Re: Question about mail2web...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rad
Also - on my today screen I have the Messaging item there to show me when I have new text messages mainly.. since I haven't set up an email account or anything yet. But, is there a way to have 2 different items on the today screen to show for new messages? Because I would like to have the one that's there show me my new text messages, but another one to alert me to emails once I set this stuff up.
yes, the plug in should show your message status separately for your email and text message (like the one below).

The text message didn't show up because there's no unread message.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

j-rad is a n00b
Cool, thanks for the info guys.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC 6800
Carrier: VZW

eleazar is a n00b
I second PhoneAlarm. I installed it a week ago and i have fallen in love with it :P i like that it is buttons instead of just text, so it has a button for mail and a button for txt (and vmail for that matter) and it has a number for how many msg's I have missed, and all I have to do is press the button. Just thought I'd share
Old 01-21-2007, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

j-rad is a n00b
Is phoneAlarm free?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:55 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Nope, but there 2 versions and the Lite one is very good. Check it out at http://www.pocketmax.net/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX