PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

rddt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
internet explorer can't dial phone #'s?

I'm coming from a 700p using Blazer and I was quite enjoying that I could direct dial any phone number on a web page. Portable Internet Explorer does not appear to do this by default - is there any way to enable it?
It's a feature I don't think I could live without, and it's extremely frustrating that I can't even copy & paste into the phone app as a workaround! :frustrate
Is it even possible to paste anything into the phone?

And also re: PIE, is there a way to reorganize the bookmarks - reorder, put existing links into folders? I can't figure it out. :irked:
Old 01-20-2007, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
My pIE does allow me to dial certain numbers. They should be blue and underlined, tap the number, and pIE will ask if you want to perform the operation (call the number).... tap OK or YES whichever is there. Try it on superpages.com

Favorites can be organized and managed in pIE.... Menu>Favorites...>Add/Delete

Here you can reorder, put into files, and edit your favorites
Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rddt is a n00b
I tried superpages.com and it still doesn't work! However, I did notice if a number on a page looks EXACTLY like this then it does sometimes create a link: Phone: ###-###-####

Is there a way to fix this so it works with other more flexible formats?

Also, Add/Delete lets me edit, but I can't reorder or move into folders - exactly how is this done?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Well I know that this works for me, asI just did it yesterday to call a cab.

The only things I can think of that might help is to clear the IE cache, or soft reset. If those don't help you may want to uninstall your apps one at a time to see if they are conflicting with the feature. Worst case is a hard reset.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rddt is a n00b
Update: I figured out why some phone numbers work, at least with Gmail contacts. In Gmail:
If I've added the phone number under Notes, then it won't become a link no matter how it's formatted.
If, when editing the contact, I click "add more contact info" and add the phone number under the preset Personal or Work sections, then the phone number will become a clickable link!

That's a viable workaround for Gmail, but how about random sites like Superpages.com? If I try this link on my wx:
http://yellowpages.superpages.com/ff...1345&display=1
Neither of the two listed numbers are links.
Is the same page creating links for you?

Is anyone else's pIE working (crappily) like mine?

Oh - and I still have the issue with Add/Delete - I can't figure out how to reorder, it stubbornly defaults to alphabetical in its order.
And it seems I can only add things to folders upon initial creation of the bookmark/favorite, but not after.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX