PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just ordered it!!

Just ordered my shiny new 700wx! Whoo Hooo!!

I'm giving up my 6700 which I will miss a little but... The one thing that I was impressed with was the 6700's ability to be manipulated! Custom ROMs, AKUs, boot screens, etc. I have been searching about the 6700 and I have not found anyone that has even upgraded the ROM. Am I not looking hard enough or is this just something that is taboo on the 700wx??
Old 02-04-2007, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
like i said at treocentral. there has not been and roms for this device yet for a few different reasons.

1. there is no other sprint/palm rom released to revert back to in case something goes wrong.

2. the wx is a cdma phone. you wouldn't have seen anything for the 6700 either if it weren't for it being released as the apache on the gsm side of the world. xda-developers is where 90% of that type hacking comes from. if it's not gsm it's not on that site.

now on a good note. even though gsm will never get the wx. enough of use 6700 users have swithed to the 700wx. maybe some of the know how can be used here. i think unlocking the rom is going to be an issue.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:41 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
welcome to your new addiction!!!
you may want to check out this thread so you can modify your sync only cable you get with your Treo (yes shameless self promotion)
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/modify-usb-s...too-t2367.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX