PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Lurker

redhat is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trouble sending mail sometimes

I've said this before, I'm spoiled by ChatterEmail and really wish I could run that on my 700wx. But I'm a big boy and trying to move on.

So is anyone else having trouble sending mail, or is it just me? I use my own SMTP (Postfix) and IMAP server. Mail comes in just fine. But sometimes when I send mail I get back a message that the "recipients are invalid."

It's a message that comes from the "System Administrator" and the subject is "Invalid message recipients." The rest says:

Your message "blah, blah" was not sent and has been moved to the Drafts folder.

I know this message is not coming from my mail server. When this happens there is no activity from the Treo logged at the mail server.

The message(s) do end up in the Drafts folder. Sometimes it takes two or three tries but eventually they get delivered properly.

Is there a Sprint proxy intercepting port 25? Is anyone else seeing this?
Old 01-11-2007, 02:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
use to see it all the time sending with my isp address on the 6700. so i just set up an push email with my isp and never get the problem
Old 01-11-2007, 12:35 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
It's because som e-mail providers don't like you using their SMTP on other provider's network.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

redhat is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Pibe38, it's my own mail server and it allows us to log in (authenticate) for remote SMTP users. We travel all the time so we're always using the SMTP from different networks. I never had this problem with the Treo 650 (Palm OS). It only happens since I "upgraded" to the 700wx.

The error message definitely isn't coming from our SMTP server. We've looked in the logs many times and don't see any attempt to connect when we get that error. So it seems like we're getting that message either from the Treo itself or from Sprint. Neither one seems plausible, but where else would that come from?

After the sending failure the message is put into the drafts folder. If I just try to send again it will work on the second or third try. That feels like it might simply be a timeout on the first try, but then we should get a timeout message, not the invalid recipient message.

I just got back from my first cross country trip with the 700wx so I was using it a lot for e-mail. I get that sending error about 25% of the time I try to send a message. But after each failure 2 or 3 more tries and the message will go through.

Very strange.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:58 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Uhmm strange indeed... you got me on that one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX