PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any better internet browser?

Is there a better web browser than the stock one? Or is there a better way to use internet explorer?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Lurker

celdridge is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to celdridge
Well you have the option for PIE and PIE plus ... also Opera has a version out (not free). Also there is a browser called Thunderhawk that is pretty good (also not free).
Old 01-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Also check out Picsel Browser.

Late,
Coz
Old 01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
im using and liking opera.

i get my ringtones from www.ringerpost.com
Old 01-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

stratoman is a n00b
browser compatibility with internet camera

Anyone know if Netfront will allow viewing of an internet camera?

We have a D-Link DCS-900W internet camera. I'm not able to see video from it (just still shots). for motion it requires some Java plugin on my desktop (not sure if it is Java or Javascript).

On my axim I've tried the trial version of Opera and Netfront. Neither got the video working, but the Netfront trial version doesn't include all of the Java plugins that come with the purchased version (which is ridiculous). So I'm still thinking the purchased version might work, but I hate to purchase not knowing if it will work or not.

By the way, for general browsing, I thought Opera was much nicer, but Netfront was a little more functional with certain websites, in my opinion.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

rddt is a n00b
On the Treo 700p you can use Blazer to switch from Mobile HTML view to Basic HTML view (and actually scroll around a normally rendered webpage). This is critical for example if you want to download attachments with Gmail or Hotmail via your web browser (attachment download is disabled in mobile HTML view! ).

I can't get this same Basic HTML view to work with PIE on the 700wx - am I missing something? I want to be able to download attachments from webmail and view pages as intended (when optimized view is not so optimized)
Is there a better web browser out there for the Treo 700wx that does Basic HTML? And one that I can get for free, so it can compete with Blazer?

I would also like Tabs, and want to be able to stream media like mp3's (when there is a link to download one) and internet radio streams from sites like somafm. If I can't do this on the wx I'm tempted to stick with my p.

BTW - One thing I noticed BTW is that PIE is up to twice as fast as Blazer according to dslreports.com/mspeed but too bad it's not as easy to use.
Anyone else experienced this speed difference?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

stratoman is a n00b
I wonder about that too. Have you tried the trial version of Netfront or Opera?

I've tried both (on axim) and had mixed results with Yahoo mail. With Netfront I was having more success, even though Yahoo lists Opera as a compatible browser.

This is another thing I thought the full version of Netfront might support better than the trial version.

But you said free, which these aren't .
Old 01-12-2007, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Hey I would try Opera, it has all the functions you want. It does cost $ though, but I would dload the trial and see if you like it and if it works for you. The only thing I noticed is that its a little slower than PIE but that might just be my phone, I personally chalked it up to the fact that it was rendering the pages to be viewed on a phone as opposed to the actual html. But def try it out, and gl

PH
Old 01-12-2007, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
P.S. I have Treo 700w

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX