PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PALM/SPRINT SMS PATCH RELEASED!

Looks like only a patch, oh well...

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...SMS/index.html
Old 11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Patch now attached here
~mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip spnt700wxsmspatch_157.zip (164.7 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!

Old 11-20-2006, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
easy enough.I installed it over the air
Now it,s time for palm to work on the BT a2dp
Old 11-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I stickied this thread, un-did the old one.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:06 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
For those interested, this patch for the Sprint 700wx fixes the following based on user testing over at TreoCentral:

- Restores ability to text to Verizon, T-Mobile and AOL Instant Messenger. Previously, this would send garbage to these users.

- The message 1/2 hell where it would continually resend the same message over and over appears to be fixed

- The 140+ character limitation some experienced is now gone. If you modified your registry to limit this, you can change it back to 160 now.

This patch also works well with the threaded SMS hack.

Please note that you have to reinstall this if you do a hard reset. Hannip discovered it adds the 3 files TelephonyInterfaceLayer.dll, PalmSMSSetup.dll and SMSBuildPatch.txt.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
I wasn't having problems texting VZW users but AIM works perfectly now. Thank you Sprint for not making me have to wait ages on a complete update.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
Nice.

Some "atta-boys" should be passed around here.
Always a good day when the users get things done.... and when Sprint is pointing complaints to a thread on a message board for an explaination of the problem.

=D> \/
Old 11-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

jerdog76 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to jerdog76
I am unable to install this patch... I get the "This update does not apply to this device. Installation will not proceed. Version (Treo700wx-1.10-SPNT)"

Any ideas?
Old 11-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog76
I am unable to install this patch... I get the "This update does not apply to this device. Installation will not proceed. Version (Treo700wx-1.10-SPNT)"

Any ideas?
Yeah, I know exactly why you cannot do it though I do not know why it is:

You have a very old ROM.

The latest Sprint ROM is 1.13. 1.10 was never released publicly, or at least is shouldn't have.

So, how you update your ROM? Well, you can't as there is no Sprint ROM update utility.

Mabye a Sprint store could help but I doubt it, you'll probably need to exchange.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:42 AM
N00b

MsTreoDiva is a n00b
Funny because I was just coming here to find out why some people get multiple messages from me. I hope this works..

Thanks guys..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX