PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Lurker

celticbum2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BIG Bluetooth problem. Please Help!!!

I can't get into my bluetooth settings. When I go to connection setting, the bluetooth icon is there but when I click it nothing happens. If I click on the phonealarm BT icon it shows the timer loading thingy and keeps going and going. Even the bluetooth icon I have in the top right corner of my today screen does nothing now.
It started when I tried putting tomtom on my phone. I'm sure that did it because my bluetooth wasn't even on beforehand. I removed tomtom, but that did not help. Is there a way to reinstall the bluetooth stuff of only a hard reset will work? I know you guys are smart. Can someone please help me.
Here's more aggravation too. I used Sprite backup a couple of days before all this happened and I said I would just restore with that. It's asking me for a password I never put in. So it won't let me install the restore file. If anyone knows anything about that also, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
I had this happen when I used maps4pda. It crapped out my Bluetooth bigtime. I had to hard-reset and reinstall everything.

Sprite won't normally ask for a pw unless you have a default one set.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

celticbum2 is a n00b
I believe it put in a default one because when I look in the wizard setup it had 15 stars there. I would never use a 15 letter/number password. I contacted sprite and they said even if they had the default password, they couldn't give to me.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

celticbum2 is a n00b
If I could get that default password, I could put my phone back the way it was!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Lurker

wuid is a n00b
I think I had that bluetooth issue one time as well... have u tried removed the battery then re-insert it? it worked for me
Old 01-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Lurker

ppclover is a n00b
As far as I know, Sprite Backup doesn't have a default password since I have encountered the same issue with that and after contacted Sprite, I realize I have entered a password during the first time I run the setup wizard. As stated from Sprite, they didn't put any password for the image file. It is not possible for Sprite Backup to ask for the password if the user didn't enter a password.

I suggest you contact Sprite support to ask for the help and also I suggest you try to remember if you have ever entered a password when you run the setup wizard after you installed Sprite Backup.

Good luck
Old 01-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: Spring

lakai is a n00b
just use sprite backup and do a backup your phone.. and when it resets, try going into settings and enable bluetooth. its a weird fix, but it works for me. no need for hard reset.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

celticbum2 is a n00b
you mean make a backup of my phone with sprite now even with the messed up bluetooth and then restore from that file?

As far as the default password, even when I put in a 7 digit password in the setup wizrd, the next time I go into the wizard there are 15 stars there in the password slot.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

celticbum2 is a n00b
Or what about this. I'm asking for you guys honest opinion. What happens if I make a backup with sprite on my phone now, even with the messed up Bluetooth. Then I hard reset to put everything back the way it was. I then use that sprite file as a restore. Do you think the bluetooth problem comes back if I don't have tomtom on there anymore? Or does sprite put the phone back EXACTLY as it was, mess ups and all. Let me know what you think.

BIG THANKS!!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Best thing you can do is try. No harm making a backup. Make sure you remember whatever password you enter. And yes, Sprite will always put 15 *'s for the password. This makes it harder for someone accessing the backup file to guess your password.

When I had this same problem, it disappeared after hard-resetting. However, when I restored the Sprite backup from the moment before the hard-reset, the problem came back. Again, this was related to some crappy software accessing my BT GPS.

Do you know what you were using your BT for prior to the problem?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX