PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 05:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

mohamie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how many of you actually pay for software?

or do you get them other places?
Old 12-24-2006, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
I'm a total try before you buy person. If someone doesn't offer a free demo, I get it elsewhere but if I do use it, I buy it. Luckily, most PPC software devs are very good at giving free demos.

Currently though, the only pieces of software I am running are pocket rss reader and total commander.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work
yar!
Old 12-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I think the more politically correct ? would be do how do you feel about warez. might get a lot more responses then asking ppl to condone theirselves and admit to being a "pirate"/user of warez.
~Mike

Old 12-25-2006, 02:23 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I find the best method is this:

Find software you might like and want to buy and contact the developer to beta test.

Sure, it's not always fun. Sometimes it doesn't work and there are problems.

But there is a certain satisfaction in helping a developer make software and you are usually rewarded with a free copy of the program for your efforts.

This way you get your software for free *and* you help the larger community by helping to make better software , which in turn brings more people to the WM community.

JMO
Old 12-25-2006, 06:04 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
i have bought software, but i will agree with the whole beta / shareware issue. I want to make sure i like it and that it is useable!
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 12-25-2006, 12:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mohamie is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
I think the more politically correct ? would be do how do you feel about warez. might get a lot more responses then asking ppl to condone theirselves and admit to being a "pirate"/user of warez.
~Mike
i didnt want to get roasted lol

but i do see both sides
Old 12-25-2006, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to hannip
I buy as long as the product is really good and the price is reasonable. But of course if there is an equivalent or better freeware app out there I'll go for that. However if I want any kind of support I'll pay.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

D-Bo is a n00b
I just got into PPCs and think the prices for software is usually pretty reasonable. I've only purchased Phone Alarm Lite so far but also got a demo of a Resco suite that I may purchase as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX