PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Multiple bluetooth device connections

I just installed a new car receiver (Pioneer DEH-P7900BT). It features bluetooth connectivity both for hands-free calling and to use A2DP to stream music from my Treo. Works fantastic so far for both.

I also run Tom Tom Navigator on the Treo connecting to a Holux bluetooth GPS receiver.

I'm getting flaky results trying to connect to the GPS at the same time my Treo and receiver are connected. By flaky I mean it connects some times and other times not and when it does connect it drops the GPS off and on.

Am I asking too much from Bluetooth to keep connected to multiple devices?

While I have your attention, is there a slam-dunk better media player for the Treo than the WMP built-in?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
I just installed a new car receiver (Pioneer DEH-P7900BT). It features bluetooth connectivity both for hands-free calling and to use A2DP to stream music from my Treo. Works fantastic so far for both.

I also run Tom Tom Navigator on the Treo connecting to a Holux bluetooth GPS receiver.

I'm getting flaky results trying to connect to the GPS at the same time my Treo and receiver are connected. By flaky I mean it connects some times and other times not and when it does connect it drops the GPS off and on.

Am I asking too much from Bluetooth to keep connected to multiple devices?
Hmmmm...I'd start with deleting the connections and re-pairing them from scratch. I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Quote:
While I have your attention, is there a slam-dunk better media player for the Treo than the WMP built-in?
Yep...check out TCPMP

late,
Coz
Old 01-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Thanks.

I was just out testing. Apparently I can connect the receiver as the hands-free device AND connect to the GPS OK. No problem. If I then connect the audio function (A2DP), I lose the GPS. I can disconnect the audio, boom, the GPS comes back. Connect the audio, boom, the GPS disconnects.

I figured many people use those BT ear units (non-A2DP) and their BT GPS OK. Could A2DP be the culprit? How many people drive with BT A2DP headsets as they use their BT GPS?

I'll try TCPMP. I use it for video but just never thought of it as an MP3 player. I guess when I think of it WMP does both so why not TCPMP? Thanks. I'm looking for something smarter and easier to control as I drive.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Thanks.

I was just out testing. Apparently I can connect the receiver as the hands-free device AND connect to the GPS OK. No problem. If I then connect the audio function (A2DP), I lose the GPS. I can disconnect the audio, boom, the GPS comes back. Connect the audio, boom, the GPS disconnects.

I figured many people use those BT ear units (non-A2DP) and their BT GPS OK. Could A2DP be the culprit? How many people drive with BT A2DP headsets as they use their BT GPS?
It probably has more to do with bandwidth. I have S9 which can somewhat co-exist with my i-blue 2 GPS receiver. I noticed that if I do not start the stream audio, they could run fine together as I can even hear TomTom voice over the S9, though a bit choppy probably due to the bandwidth limitation. However when I turned on music then it went south. The Music played a few seconds then stopped and the GPS on for a moment then off for awhile and they were alternating so forth. I think the GPS and stream music have large data volume requirement and the bluetooth can not handle both of them at the same time. May be the Treo is not powerful enough to process them as well. If you have a bluetooth enabled PC then you can try to see which one is the real limitation...

Jeff
Old 01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I think you may be right about the bandwidth or data load. When I lose the GPS after connecting the audio. I now find that the GPS will come back interminttenly if I'm patient. So it's not like it can't handle the extra connection but more like it can't handle the amount of data being transferred for both audio and GPS. I can certanly see that just using a BT hands-free device would not need the same bandwidth as full stereo audio.

Well I guess I'll be resigned to using the tuner, XM and CDs while GPSing and only be able to use the BT audio streaming when I know where I'm going.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:

I'll try TCPMP. I use it for video but just never thought of it as an MP3 player. I guess when I think of it WMP does both so why not TCPMP? Thanks. I'm looking for something smarter and easier to control as I drive.
If you're looking for something easier to use while driving check out MortPlayer. Very skinnable. You can have some very large buttons that will help with changing songs, etc. while driving.

linky to homepage:

http://www.sto-helit.de/modules/edito/content.php?id=28

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX