PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
just switched from ppc6700 to 700wx.

I miss the screen lock feature that was on the 6700. I put my phone in my pocket and sometimes the 700wx dials up the last person I called. when the 6700 did this I just made it a habit to lock the screen before I placed it in my pocket but it was so easy becasue there was a button the screen to do it. does anyone know what I can use to get the same functionality?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Lurker

hamsup1o is a n00b
Have you tried the Keyguard feature on the 700wx? It works well. Start > Settings > Keyguard.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Or just press the end button (red one on the right). That'll essentially lock up the device as well.

Late,
Coz
Old 12-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2
Threadstarter

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
I always hit the end button before I put in my pocket but it can get turned on again. that keygaurd works but its a hassle to get to it everytime I want to use it. the 6700 had one right on the screen. anyway to do that
Old 12-18-2006, 01:40 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
hit option+end

the little button on the bottom left of the keyboard and end thats keygaurd/ screenlock

i cant believe no one knows about this lol... or at least saying nething. prolly the best ever you dont need to waste today screen space with it
Old 12-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
hit option+end

the little button on the bottom left of the keyboard and end thats keygaurd/ screenlock

i cant believe no one knows about this lol... or at least saying nething. prolly the best ever you dont need to waste today screen space with it
Now what's the difference between the option and end button function versus just hitting the end button?

Late,
Coz
Old 12-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Lurker

hamsup1o is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
hit option+end

Now what's the difference between the option and end button function versus just hitting the end button?

Late,
Coz
Option+End will lock the screen at that very moment with the screen on. End will just turn off your phone but if you have KeyGuard on, it will lock your phone.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Lurker

hamsup1o is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle
I always hit the end button before I put in my pocket but it can get turned on again. that keygaurd works but its a hassle to get to it everytime I want to use it. the 6700 had one right on the screen. anyway to do that
Maybe I'm missing something...With the 6700, it uses the WM5 builtin Device Lock which you need to press the power button and then tap the screen before you unlock it. The Palm KeyGuard works the same way except you just press the center hardware button instead of tapping the screen. Basically the same amount of clicks.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup1o
Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something...With the 6700, it uses the WM5 builtin Device Lock which you need to press the power button and then tap the screen before you unlock it. The Palm KeyGuard works the same way except you just press the center hardware button instead of tapping the screen. Basically the same amount of clicks.
thank you i am not the only one. i have the lock on, hit the red button turns off the phone and locks in, hit the red button screen comes on, hit the center button and good to go....
Old 12-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesuburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup1o
Quote:
thank you i am not the only one. i have the lock on, hit the red button turns off the phone and locks in, hit the red button screen comes on, hit the center button and good to go....
for all that dont have the keylock when hittin the end button, go into settings>keyguard and set it to how you like it. its that simple. if you have set for:when power is turned off, does just what it says. when. the rest of em are self explanitory!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX