PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700WX
Carrier: verizon

Jeph0r3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What can I do..

Hi guys. 1st post here. Been reading alot of usefull information and just wanted to say thanks for all the info here... Anyways. I got a palm treo for XMas and I really like it. I have kind of gone crazy installing different applications that I've been finding here and there. Well, something has gone a little wrong and my phone is SUPER slow now. Also it takes like a minute to do a soft reset. Alls I really have on it now is Wisbar lite, and its still slow. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I thought about putting WM5 back on it and doing a fresh install, but I don't think that is possible as I don't see the disc with WM5 in my box..Is there a cleanup app or something that I might be able to do to help unscrew it

OK...By reading my very VERY next post I found out that a Hard Reset will restore it to Factory...That is great. I was hoping that I wasn't going to have to send it in to alltel and have it redone. Although I was getting ready to do this, I was wondering is there anyways to save my contacts list and my favorites so that I don't have to reenter them all again. Again sorry, hopefully on my next post I'll find this answer

Jeff

Last edited by Jeph0r3; 12-29-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
You don't have to wait for your next post for an answer about saving your contacts and favorites....just use acticsync and sync with your PC occasionally...that will keep a copy of both things on your PC, and replace then on your PPC whenever you need. You can also use a backup app like SPB Backup, or Sprite (free from Palm), and backup your contacts and favorites on your memory card (you CAN backup your entire PPC as well....so you can go back to your last 'safe point' if you run into trouble, but you can be specific in your PIM backup as well).

Feel free to ask anything else you need to know, a lot of knowledge is contained in this site!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700WX
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

Jeph0r3 is a n00b
PIM Backup worked great...Phone smokin fast again...Thanks for the help...
Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Glad you are up and running again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX