PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Phone Alarm Question/Bug

is this just me or is it for everyone? i posted over at pocketmax but bruce never responded. Neways... When i push the VM icon and it pops up the "Call Voice Mail" i click yes and it takes me to missed calls list and never dials.

anyone? mal?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
No, I don't have this problem. One difference, though - I turned off the confirmation prompt - I just go directly to VM.

Question: Have you configured your phone number into the PhoneAlarm settings? (phoneAlarm settings -> Adv tab -> Voice Mail) If not, this could be the problem...
Old 12-08-2006, 09:48 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
wow i feel stupid!

that fixed it it brouht up the missed calls menu again and then it called! story u r the man
Old 12-08-2006, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
wow i feel stupid!

that fixed it it brouht up the missed calls menu again and then it called! story u r the man
Many people, like you and me, assumed phoneAlarm knows how to find the phone number. I'm guessing Bruce does it this way because some networks use some other number to access voice mail - such as *43...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

guess so o well works now thanks! i cant get call forwarding to work either
Old 12-09-2006, 12:46 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I have the pop up off and still see the missed calls list. on't really mind it though...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Lurker

kram is a n00b
Speaking of phonealarm and voicemail...the number next to my voicemail icon always reads 1 (one), regardless of how many voicemails I have. Anyone know if this is this a bug in the program, or is it like this by design? If the program can detect a single voicemail, why not multiple messages? It's not a big deal, but it would be great if the number were accurate. Thanks...
Old 12-12-2006, 02:53 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I think it has to do on how Sprint handles voicemail messages. Text messages/e-mail are stored on the device and they can get counted, however, voicemail messages are stored on Sprint's 'server'.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Lurker

tinman0305 is a n00b
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
No, I don't have this problem. One difference, though - I turned off the confirmation prompt - I just go directly to VM.

Question: Have you configured your phone number into the PhoneAlarm settings? (phoneAlarm settings -> Adv tab -> Voice Mail) If not, this could be the problem...
I have my phone number entered but i still cannot get my soft key notification to dial. can anyone help?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
PhoneAlarm lite is great software but lets be honest Its really not 700wx friendly.The resion why so many users own PA software is lack of LED NOTIFACTION.Ive Skiped the flashy skins with tabs that work sometimes and put this very simple slimed down skin together for PhoneAlarm use.Dont look for it in the jpeg posted or on your today screen because you cant see it What You can see is led blink on calls,sms,v-mail
Use your 700wx like you would without phoneAlarm installed.Softkeys dismiss led blick and all is perfect.
stealth led jpg in action
Zip file below with install directions
Attached Files
File Type: zip 700wx_stealth_led_100.zip (967 Bytes, 6 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX