PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No Voicemail Alerts

Since there is such a big issue with the voicemail alerts disabling after the dialpad hack. I figured I'd start a new thread that just focused on that very item. I myself am trying to resolve this aswell as a few other people on here. There is not doubt in my mind that this can be resolved by utilizing the right resources.

Presently I am in need of a Process Viewer that can show me all the process on the treo including the hidden ones. I'd prefer to have one that works from my pc instead of one that needs to be install on the treo. If anyone knows of one or where to get it, I'd greatly appreciate their input. Also if anyone can extract the ActiveCallPlugIn.dll and the ActiveCallPlugIn_enUS.dll and post it, that would be wonderful aswell. Those 2 files are hidden on the treo but I assure you they are there.

Now I must say I'm new to the smartphone realm so you'll have to excuse any ignorance I might have. On the other hand, I am WELL versed in the realm of pc based windows. So it's just a matter of time before I'm on the same level with Windows Mobile.

Once again, any help will be greatly appreciated. I hope we can come together and work this out for everyone.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 12-11-2007, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Long-time no-see!!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
You following me? Hmmm you must think I'm sessy .... lol
Old 12-12-2007, 11:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
OK...I tried on my PC last night, and I couldn't do anything with those files. Does anyone in here have ideas about extracting .dll files????

Wideawake.....this sounds like something you were contiplating at one time.....can you help here?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
OK...I tried on my PC last night, and I couldn't do anything with those files. Does anyone in here have ideas about extracting .dll files????

Wideawake.....this sounds like something you were contiplating at one time.....can you help here?

I tried total commander which will extract other files that normally can't be moved but it won't work with those 2 dll's
Old 12-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Lurker

thatkidwest is a n00b
I'm pretty sure these are the some of the files that you guys would need.

Honestly, it looks like everything is associated with this Active Call plug-in that Palm has implemented...and it looks like ActiveCall is linked to a whole bunch of other DLL's that are on the Treo.

I'll do my best to get as many files as possible (I flashed my Treo ROM and i'm just trying to pick it apart piece by piece)...but hopefully you guys can work with this and at least figure something out.

(Don't have much experience with Treo's...I'm a former PPC 6700/6800 user and just switched over to a treo...but after messing around with this 700WX...if there was a way to take the best features from my 6700/6800 and put it into this device...i'd be in heaven!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Treo 700 DLL.zip (174.4 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The activecall dll's are the one's I want to look at. That is exactly what I've been thinking is that dll sync's alot of plug-in's - app's. I want to see if I can rewrite or edit the dll to call for a the original WM5 dialer instead of the palm dialer.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Lurker

thatkidwest is a n00b
Yea, exactly what i've been thinking about too. Those should be good because those are taken directly from the verizon ROM of the treo 700wx software.

Had em lying around because back in my PPC days, I remember a lot of developers took all of those cool Treo features and just implemented them into the PPC.

I'll give this a look after i'm back from the studio though. Trying to mix down music, and all I have is this damn treo in my head lol.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lol.... thank ya

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX