PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2006, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TomTom 5

I have tomtom 5 software I was using with my 700p.Will it work on the 700wx ??
Old 11-29-2006, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
It may, provided you have the version for Windows Mobile 5. Palm OS software won't work on WM5 and vice versa.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Treo_newb is a n00b
That were styletap may come into play or will it.
update-I find this very confusing.I own TomTom Navigator 5 software & BT reciever.I went to the to the tomtom site and it says it,s compatable with WM.Im lost here
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Treo_newb is a n00b
I download app to desktop then opening the start file in notepad.I found my device listed in the fine computer print programing
TomTom 5 that a ran on my treo 700p is running on my 700wx now and i runs better
Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yes I have it running on wm. I had to reset my activation code w/Tomtom, and I had to find and install the cabs manually because of a newer activesync version. A big PITA, but I moved all the cab's to the storage card so I never have to do it again
Old 11-29-2006, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Treo_newb is a n00b
Whats so crazy when buying the app it said it was for the treo 650, 700p Only.Ok so im kicking the thought around will it work.Doing much research on the net finding 99.9% of pda users beleave the same as santos-no offence because i thought the same that it would not work on WM.Opening the start file in notpad seeing WM devices was pretty surprising to me
My setup came with the navigation SD card and Cd. putting the sd In was pretty scarry-could be paper weight time It loaded up fast then I removed the auto start files from sd and all is perfect
The software runs much faster on the WX compared to the pee.I really feel sorry for the Garnet users.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Ah.. I was under the assumption you wanted to install the actual Palm-written application onto WM5. I know that TomTom makes both PalmOS and WM5 versions of its software.

I use OnCourse Navigator on my Dell Axim. I've been wanting to put it on my Treo, but I'm afraid how slow it will be. Plus, it might not be too functional on the tiny screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX