PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Lurker

FusterCluck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
700wx just stopped working

Yesterday, after being unable to send text messages, and my today screen looking all garbled, I decided a reset would fix the problem (despite the fact that the phone needed to have a soft reset 2 times prior that same day.)

After doing a soft reset, the phone just got stuck at the "Treo" screen with the white background. No loading bar, no sign of life, no nothing. The screen just stayed at that logo and continued to stay lit for hours on end until I removed the battery.

I decided to go into a Sprint store and have the problem fixed or the phone replaced, however since the Sprint Technician leaves at 4pm, and I happened to arrive at 5pm, I was pretty much told I was out of luck. I asked for a phone so I can call Sprint Customer Care but was told to use a display phone which have no antenna and keeps dropping calls as soon as they connect.

I called Sprint as I got home and was told that the steps I did were the steps they would advise (soft and hard reset), and that it may be a hardware problem. I would have to take it to a store. Only thing is that today is sunday and every store that isn't out of my way is closed. I'm stuck without a phone until Monday evening (when the technician leaves!)

Great customer service, Sprint.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Fuster I would try skipping the store for the second time.If you have handset protection push the rep on the phone for the replacment letting them know you have NO phone,NO store help and your trying to figure out how a great company like Sprint could treat me this way..
From that point they will transfer you to the next level.Repeat the same as you told the first rep. They will more then likely send you a new handset I takes 2-3 days-UPS so you should be receiving it on tuesday.
I myself dont trust or use the sprint stores anymore.Im not going to get into that
Old 11-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FusterCluck is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treo_newb
Fuster I would try skipping the store for the second time.If you have handset protection push the rep on the phone for the replacment letting them know you have NO phone,NO store help and your trying to figure out how a great company like Sprint could treat me this way..
From that point they will transfer you to the next level.Repeat the same as you told the first rep. They will more then likely send you a new handset I takes 2-3 days-UPS so you should be receiving it on tuesday.
I myself dont trust or use the sprint stores anymore.Im not going to get into that
I tried avoiding the store but when I called customer service, they informed me that I should go through TEP (insurance), who then told me that it would take 2-3 WEEKS since they have none in the warehouse and it would have to be ordered.

At this point i'm just frustrated - I don't know how a company like Sprint could let something like this happen and show no motivation to resolve the issue.

Unless there are other suggestions on what to tell the rep, my next step would be going to a Sprint store who has a technician there until 6pm tomorrow and hopefully there's another new 700wx in stock in the store.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
There feeding you bull !!!!!!!! When replacing my 700p they told me that .When upgrading from the P to WX I got the same line-We will have to order because of none in the warehouse.I got them three days later.
Best bet-call and speak to a diffrent insurance rep.Some insider info-it takes them a max of 5 days to get a handset in the warehouse unless theres a shortage.
I wish you much luck.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
This is one area that Sprint drops the ball every time.

Just call back and ask for retentions.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Sprint really is picking up there service rating but half of the company has not got the memo yet
They do have great rates and have not crippled there EVDO so am happy Sprints better then the rest
Old 11-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FusterCluck is a n00b
I found some time and went into a Sprint store today and explained the problem. The tech told me it would take them about 2 hours to try to fix the problem and so I left and came back in 2 hours.

After going back to the store at the time they told me to, I was told that the problem couldn't be fixed and a new phone was given to me. All in all, i'm happy.. but this doesn't change the fact that the store couldn't have done this on Saturday when I went.

Oh well, I guess this is the happy ending.

ps: any ideas on what could have caused the problem?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
good deal fuster.The store can be a pain as we have all experienced im sure.When I owned the 700p It was stuck in system loop so I called teck support.The rep spent an hour on the phone worken hard yet nothing worked He then noted my account telling me to go to the store and they would replace it with a new because none of the stores had test software yet .He also told me if I had any problem at the store to have the store call sprint teck and it would be taken care of-account noted.
I went to the store to get the replacement. the store told me they would have to keep it for 2 days to test .I then let the high paid very experienced store rep in store know he was misleading me and to call teck support.He Told me- no---Call them yourself.
I gave them a call on the red instore bat phone spending a 45 min before The store rep started kissing my ...... and gave me the replacment.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I think you had faulty equipment, at least I have not heard about this happening before.

Good luck with your new one!!!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
On firday from 11:30 to 4:30 I had the pleasure of talking to seven sprint tech reps This was real fun stuff letting them know my evdo spikes were from 60,120,230,10 when the wind got over 10mph
Sprint let me know the towers were fine in my coverage area and it must be the wx.After speaking with the fourth rep i was blacklisted meaning my call hold time increased and hung up on.The final rep i spoke to took time getting the issue resolved.He walked me through a factory hard boot ##786# or something like that.He then gave me time to download slingplayer giving him feed back on the kbts.The boot did not do the trick so at last he wrote a trouble ticket for the tower
This mourning sprint left me 2 messages that there was a hardware fix needed at my tower location and EVDO speeds are back on track.
hmmmm Im shooting for a months free sevice Question,What area of sprint do I call to make this happen hahahah.Im not spending another 4 hours on the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX