PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm
Carrier: Verizon

MikeThaTiger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Step by Step guide? MMS

Uh, It is to my bad luck that I have this phone. A Treo 700wx, I had the HTC Touch Pro but Verizon went homo on me and would not replace it when the screen went solid black.

And not getting picture messages are killing me. I Have looked around here and seen the hacks and what not, but I can not fully understand how to download them.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx
Carrier: alltell

Daggs is a n00b
Re: Step by Step guide? MMS

Hiya... you are not alone.

I've been scouring the net for a couple of hours now and see a TON of threads from various forums about MMS messaging on the 700wx. Most began in the 2006 timeframe and are full of dead and obsolete links.

Does anyone have the latest and greatest on this issue? I'm looking for a solution for Alltel while Mike (above) appears to need a solution for Verizon.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

DaCatNU is a n00b

I have run into the same thing. My 700wx is from Sprint. After it crashed, I had to do a hard reset. I was never able to update phone to WM6.0 or 6.1. So I am still on WM5 but have the TREO700WX-1.17-SPNT software version (which my have been the reason I couldn't install WM6).

Never the less...I've been looking for day to get MMS functional on my phone. Can anyone assist?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700 WX
Carrier: Alltel

schmeerdawg is a n00b

I loaded WinMo6.1 from a link I found here on this site,

Found Here

(Which also includes versions for Sprint and Verizon and directions for how to flash it to the phone : the settings should be similar, though obviously not the same)

and input the following settings (via sms => menu => options... => advanced tab => Manual config edit...) and can now send and recieve MMS on Alltel's network.

Message center number: blank
Email center number: 8080
MMS Gateway address: blank
MMS URL: http://mms-mt.alltel.net/servlets/mms
Network: Alltel Wireless (or whatever your internet connection is called)

I've sent and recieved pics and vid from people on Alltel, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile without any problems.

Hope this helps.

Obviously I can't promise that these settings will help everyone, but I felt it should be known that it works for someone.

PS. I didn't install any arcsoft mms or anything. Just installed the rom and input the settings, then a quick soft reset and BOOM!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX