PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Lurker

skierrobumn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SOMEONE HELP! Powervision on Treo 700wx?

I have called Sprint 3 times on this with no answer each time I called.

I just need to know how to access the power vision homepage on my Treo? Like how do I get to the live TV (ABC News Now) and all the other crap, like ringtones, etc.

The customer service rep's answer was: "Sir you just open your internet explorer browser and that is your power vision experience, there are all kinds of websites where you can find ringtones"
Old 11-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
no tv unless ur gonna get a slingbox or pay for mobitv not even the SprintTV that is included in ur pv pack can be accessed on these phones, anyways and as far as ringtones.....check the main page at the bottom it says ringtones. Or better yet go to search, in the forum drop down box select ringtones and search for the ringtone ur looking for, if its not there then feel free to request it in the request thread.
~Mike

Old 11-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skierrobumn is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
no tv unless ur gonna get a slingbox or pay for mobitv not even the SprintTV that is included in ur pv pack can be accessed on these phones, anyways
WTF! Why do they advertise products that are not compatible with their phones? They should put a disclaimer somewhere that says which features are not compatible with X, Y, Z phones.

I don't really care about ringtones since I make my own out of my MP3's.

UGH!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Although I understand your frustration, in all honesty you are WAY better off NOT using Sprint's "services".

SprintTV is awful. If you still want awful, just get MobitTV. Same price, system.

Sprint Music? Please. You want to purchase music for $2-3 song?

Sprint Ringers? Ugh.

Trust me, invest in a Slingbox. Use PIE to visit any website. Get Winmobile Torrent for bittorrent , get a free RSS reader, etc. Get Resco Radio.

You'll be much happier.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
/\ You forgot org. Get Orb too. Any song thats on your PC at your disposal at all times. As long as your PC is on. Videos too.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
(WTF! Why do they advertise products that are not compatible with their phones? They should put a disclaimer somewhere that says which features are not compatible with X, Y, Z phones)

Sprint marketing tactics-You bought it

You have much better software choices getting more out of your pda

Sprint tv is a drip compared to the proformance slinbox will give you.
enjoy
Old 11-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skierrobumn is a n00b
Slingbox is so unnecessary for me. I simply want the ABC News Now or any other live feed for news so I can check that occasionally. I don't need to stream movies or videos from my PC, just want what I paid for. It sounds like that is asking too much from Sprint.

Hmm why did I leave Sprint back in 2000 and go to T-mobile? Oh yeah cause Sprint customer service sucked then.

Hmm why did I leave T-mobile and come back to Sprint in 2006? Oh yeah cause Sprint's Corporate discount pricing was enticing.

You get what you pay for....sort of.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
You do NOT pay for Sprint TV. Wait, maybe you are..the vision plan you should have is 15.00/month. Sprint TV is extra, 10 or 15 bucks extra. Go get MobiTV for 9.99/month, if thats all you want. But you should NOT be paying for it with Sprint. And if you look around enough, you will find URL's for live video feeds as well.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
No one with a 700wx should be paying more than $15 a month (I pay $10 myself) so as patmannyc says, you're not paying for it.

if you want some free TV stuff (including news), read this post (hopefully it still works):
http://ppcgeeks.com/ready-to-watch-t...ice-t1000.html
Old 11-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skierrobumn is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
No one with a 700wx should be paying more than $15 a month (I pay $10 myself) so as patmannyc says, you're not paying for it.

if you want some free TV stuff (including news), read this post (hopefully it still works):
http://ppcgeeks.com/ready-to-watch-t...ice-t1000.html
ABC News Now is a live news TV Feed that is included FREE in the cost of the $15 access pack. So therefore I am indeed paying for it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX