PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

darkshadow46236 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TCPMP crashing Treo700wx

I'm a total noob to treos but I had a few pocket pc's over the years. I've been trying to install TCPMP but every time I try to open an mp3 or a video file it crashes and I need to soft reset.

I have been trying with the following 0.71 version ARM cabs:
tcpmp.arm_ce2.cab
tcpmp.arm_ce3.cab
tcpmp.arm720_ce3.cab
tcpmp.arm_sp.cab

The ce2 installs but on run says to install ce3. ce3 installs but after opening something it crashes and I need to soft reset; same with the 720_ce3 and the sp cabs. Does anyone have a working cab file I could use?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Not sure where you founf those cabs at. But here is the version that most of us 700wx users are using.

http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/t...pc.0.72RC1.cab
Old 11-12-2006, 12:07 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks - that seems to work a bit better but it still crashes my treo three to four times a day; even when switching between mp3s that normally work fine.

It appears that about 40% of my media files will crash the treo on open (in TCPMP); which is odd because I play these files in TCPMP without any problems on my hx4700. Some video files crashed, and others worked; again really odd because both were encoded with the same audio and video codecs.

The following is one mp3 that seems to always crash my treo; could someone else try it and see if it works on their device? I didn't think it was common for normal video/audio files to have a 40% chance of crashing TCPMP so it might be my device or my files - and I've used these files on the h5450, h5555, the hx4700, an iPOD, one other mp3 player, and three computers without problems.

Here is the mp3:
http://rmathew1.googlepages.com/04-calmdays.mp3
Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Well I don't really know what's going on, but that mp3 is freezing my wx every time I select it.

What programs are you useing to rip your sound files to mp3?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

shytown is a n00b
I've also found that TCMP crashes for me.

But it only happens when I go on a clicking spree looking for certain songs. Apparantly it doesn't like to go that fast!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

The odd thing is that messed up mp3 played fine in the windows media player on the treo.

I figured it out - I think; all the songs that messed up have an embedded CD cover image in them. TCPMP support this (and for covers that are 300x300 it works fine on the treo), but for those mp3 files the embedded covers are over 1000 x 1000 pixels in size, so I think that the treo is crashing as TCPMP tries to access/resize the picture.

I assume it's got something to do with the less powerful treo since the hx4700 plays the same files and displays the cover art.

Well I guess that answers it.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Lurker

photopicture is a n00b
I have Freeze ups using AVI video files. I downloaded a bunch of Family guy episodes and only my season four files will play but not 1-3 seaons. They are all AVI files.

Any one know why this might happen?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

slide is a n00b
It must be the quality/encoding of your avi's; try re-encode/convert them, or just try other videos/video formats;

I use TCMP 0.72RC1 and it works great, plays whole 2h movie without problem;

For music, I use GSPlayer, which is also free and the sound output is amazing - better than any commercial player that i've tried!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX