PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Lurker

mcVV is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you put ringtones on this?

I'm an idiot noob and just got my treowx today. How the hell do you put ringtones on it?
Old 11-07-2006, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

joecollins2 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to joecollins2
The way I did it, which uses up a lot of space, is get an SD memory card, put songs on it with my comp and put it into my phone. Then go to sounds in the programs option of the phone. Then go to manage --- menu ---- add then browse to find your song on your mem card. It will make it a ringtone then just select it from the list how u normally would for a ringer....

You can look on here or look for a ringtone section on some of the many treo forums out there....

Prolly didn't but I hope that somewhat helped...
Old 11-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mcVV is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecollins2
The way I did it, which uses up a lot of space, is get an SD memory card, put songs on it with my comp and put it into my phone. Then go to sounds in the programs option of the phone. Then go to manage --- menu ---- add then browse to find your song on your mem card. It will make it a ringtone then just select it from the list how u normally would for a ringer....

You can look on here or look for a ringtone section on some of the many treo forums out there....

Prolly didn't but I hope that somewhat helped...
sweet i already got a sd card for it too.
So what's this phone alarm thing for the treo??
what else should i get? Thanks a lot tho btw
Old 11-07-2006, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

joecollins2 is a n00b
Phone alarm shows missed calls, and shit like that on the today screen. It looks cool but from what I've read it gets in the way of a lot of shit and some menus don't show and such. I got I launcher. You can set icons for programs and such then just click them to launch the app from the today screen. I don't always use it cause I like to see the pics I have det as the wallpaper and can handle pushing the windows button and scrolling down. That's me thoguh. Some people like their phones to look crazy high tech!!!!

On a side note you may want to read around here and get a ringtone editing program for your PC cause using the song off the SD card I noticed uses a lot of memory. To free some up you can use that manage tab in sounds to delete some you'll never use like I did...
Old 11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I throw my 2 cents in ringers should be placed in the windows/rings folder alternativly you can tap and hold on what u want as a ringer and set to ringtone and it will automatically move that file for you. Its not good to use whole songs because it can cause a delay in the ringer.
Cheers,
Mike

Old 11-07-2006, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

joecollins2 is a n00b
Yeah I noticed that. I have two ringers that are whole songs and it pops up I have a call a second or two before it starts ringing...
Old 11-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Lurker

skierrobumn is a n00b
For Ringers what I do is use a program called Audacity (FREEWARE)

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You open your MP3 file in Audacity and then you "crop" your song down to whatever part your want for the ringer. I suggest you don't use any more than 40 seconds worth, since your phone doesn't ring that long anyways.

Then you save the file as an MP3.
Copy to your SD card.
Then go into the Sounds section on the Treo, go to the Manage Tab, then click on Menu on the soft key and select "Add" and then locate the MP3 file on your SD card. The treo will then install the ringer from the SD card over to the Treo's memory.

Works great!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX