PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

scidmail is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile output video to computer or tv?

I have a video on my storage card in avi format which I can play on my treo using TCPMP. I would like to be able to show this video to someone on a larger screen. Is there anyway to play this file on my desktop monitor from my phone's USB cable or is there an output cable that would connect to a TV so I could show it on that screen?

Thanks,
Barb
Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by scidmail View Post
I have a video on my storage card in avi format which I can play on my treo using TCPMP. I would like to be able to show this video to someone on a larger screen. Is there anyway to play this file on my desktop monitor from my phone's USB cable or is there an output cable that would connect to a TV so I could show it on that screen?

Thanks,
Barb
why not copy the file to your computer using a card reader . if that isnt an option you could do it through active sync .

sync your phone then ...
click the explore button / my windows based device / storage card / location of .avi
then copy and paste to whatever folder on your computer

be warned ... doing it through active sync is slower because it checks to see if the file needs to be converted to a proper pc format.

so if you have a card reader that is the way to go
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I want to be able to show it my mother, whose computer doesn't have anything but a usb port. I don't want to even think about trying to get activesync to run on that thing. No, I was hoping for something simple that I could use.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by scidmail View Post
I want to be able to show it my mother, whose computer doesn't have anything but a usb port. I don't want to even think about trying to get activesync to run on that thing. No, I was hoping for something simple that I could use.
Just transfer the file to your computer and then burn it to a CD...or stop in just about anywhere and pick up a cheap USB flash drive if you don't already have one. If you're worried about playing it on her computer, go to portableapps.com and load one of their players on it. It runs from the flash drive (or wherever you put it) with no install on the host computer.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, Thanks!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:24 AM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
It would be nice to be able to just walk up to any tv and plug in a cable that connects the treo 700wx to the tv's av ports and watch the movie on the fly. wonder how hard it could be to have a hack that transmits audio/video out from the treo 700wx.
I know you can do as posted above but think about how cool and quick it would be to do this!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp

airibis is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to airibis
The only way this would be appropriate is if you have a micro TV around the size of the treo screen

if you have a video on your treo rendered to be played on your treo (240x240 pixels, and at a lower FPS)

it will look like absolute crap on a larger tv

you are taking a little itty bitty video, and BLOWING IT UP... Pixel Deformation

all the pixels will stretch out, and you wont even be able to make out a persons face (unless you are standing 50 feet away from your tv)

then if you are planning to have videos rendered for the tv on your treo, whats the point of having them on your treo? you wouldnt be able to watch them on your treo; and they'll that up ALOT of space on your storage cards.

if you want a pocket way of storing movies, buy a 16gb sd card (about $200) and then put a few tv formated movies on it, and find yourself a newer tv that has SD card inputs.

the whole idea of plugging the treo into the tv to watch a movie is complete ludicrous to me.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
hello... use wm5torage to tranfer it via usb - no need for a thumb drive, or burning a cd or activestink...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 11-03-2007, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp

airibis is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to airibis
here

this is about the best you can get

its for ipods though

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/02/a...edoc-ipod-rig/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX