PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Lurker

tastypotato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo 700w w/ WM6.1 and no MMS

Just got a custom ROM from some guy on the PDAPhoneHome forums named HawleyTronics, now I know the Treo 700w (On Verizon) isn't probably supposed to do WM6.1, but everything seems to running okay if not a little slow. All except for the fact that I can't for the life of me to get MMS to work.

Here's what I've got on it,

I installed this: GC Arcsoft MMS 5.0.31.25.cab

Then set the settings to:
Name - Verizon
Gateway - Blank
Port Number - 80
Server Address - http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via - The Internet
Sending Size Limit - 399k
WAP Version - 2.0

Not only when I try to create a MMS that the whole phone locks up for a good 2 - 3 minutes, but when I try and send the MMS is takes a little and then it says that it's unable to send the message and puts it in my drafts folder..

So, what gives? :P Anyone know how to fix this..?

Last edited by tastypotato; 01-21-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Treo 700w w/ WM6.1 and no MMS

Try ArcSoft 5.0.70.24. The problem may be your lack of memory. The 700W was notorious for that, which is why Palm released the WX, doubling the memory. I have a 700WX running nightraven's WM6.1 ROM for Verizon and am using the referenced ArcSoft version w/ no issues. I've attached the cab. Check over @ XDA for more help...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404345
Attached Files
File Type: cab GC VZW Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24.cab (3.63 MB, 138 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Geekcop; 01-21-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Try ArcSoft 5.0.70.24. The problem may be your lack of memory. The 700W was notorious for that, which is why Palm released the WX, doubling the memory. I have a 700WX running nightraven's WM6.1 ROM for Verizon and am using the referenced ArcSoft version w/ no issues. I've attached the cab. Check over @ XDA for more help...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404345
Yeah, nothing but errors and lock-ups...

I guess the title of this should be "How do I roll back to Verizon's WM5?" :P
Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 AM
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep

More and more, I'm thinking it's the fact you have a 700W and it's limited memory. The original WM5 for VZW is available. I have it, but unfortunately, it's a 42 MB file, far to large to attach or email. I may be able to FTP it.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

Quote:
More and more, I'm thinking it's the fact you have a 700W and it's limited memory. The original WM5 for VZW is available. I have it, but unfortunately, it's a 42 MB file, far to large to attach or email. I may be able to FTP it.
If you could up the original WM5 ROM for VZW that would be amazing.

www.megaupload.com can take up to a 1GB file.

Quick question though: Will I get my MMS back?

I already found a WM5 ROM, and it wasn't labeled Verizon or Sprint, turns out it was a Sprint rom so now I still don't have MMS and everything is all Sprinty. :\ But all my radio settings are still correct which is nice - but I really use MMS a lot.. Lol.

Last edited by tastypotato; 01-22-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

Posted the file to megaupload. Look for APA_VZW_20720_206_11000_WWE_Ship. It should bring your MMS back
Old 01-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

Quote:
Posted the file to megaupload. Look for APA_VZW_20720_206_11000_WWE_Ship. It should bring your MMS back
:P

when you post the file up it gives you a download link, without it I can't find the file.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

One more thing: Is it the actual ROM? Or is this the desktop updater? I can't use the desktop updater as the version on the phone is 1.22 and even though its Sprint it won't flash the ROM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

OK. Try this...http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K1OW7X24
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K1OW7X24

Also, look over here for more custom WM5 ROMS...http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

Last edited by Geekcop; 01-23-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tastypotato is a n00b

Quote:
Error 120, Country ID Eror.

The ROM image that you are trying to use is not designed to work on your device. Please check the vender web site and download the correct ROM update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX