PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 12:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

asgard_thor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP to a Pre shortly, few questions

Background
Well, after a long battle with my TP, my current repair center had enough, and I've heard of the memo to get it replaced with a TP2, but my repair center wouldn't but finally, after my 7th keyboard failing, they decided to give the go ahead for the Palm Pre,(should be here wednesday) I'm up for a upgrade in December, so if I like this, it will defiantly save me some money, weither I want to get a TP2, but I do leave for Basic/AIT in January..so yah ,lol

Well, I have been browing this forum and came across the whole updownupdown and doing the Quick install for WebOS,(Speaking of that do you just type it?)

I have pretty good hands, so I'm hoping I adjust to the Pre with ease, also, I am a pretty big texter, and I dont use custom roms, just the "Sprint clean up" made by the guy on this forum, i liked that it got rid of the annoying "text sent" and u had to hit dismiss every time, if it has this, can you get rid of it?, also does the Pre have Threaded texting similiar to the TP?

I was reading about the gmail and contact switching and such, I have alot of B-day's saved in my contacts, and note's and such, I still have my TP,and whenever Sprint transfer them, I have to need up doing it again so the "information" shows up

I was hoping someone could explain what I could do so I could transfer my contacts, if it doesn't work right when sprint does it

Last edited by asgard_thor; 11-17-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:20 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: TP to a Pre shortly, few questions

Ok.

1. I use WebOS Quick Install and Preware. These make patching and installing homebrew apps alot easier. Preware can be installed from WebOS Quick Install.

2. I had used WinMo since PPC 2002 and it was a easy transition for me to WebOS. I don't know if Sprint will be able to transfer your contacts. Do you have them in MS Outlook or any other location?

Last edited by sanmanc; 11-17-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:29 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

asgard_thor is a n00b

I use PPCbackup or whatever to back them up
what are my options?
i dont have a outlook account
Old 11-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgard_thor View Post
I use PPCbackup or whatever to back them up
what are my options?
i dont have a outlook account
Do you have a gmail account? If so, just sync your contacts with the gmail account from your TP then also sync the info with the Pre. It will take all the associated information as well, i.e. birthdays, addresses, etc.

Her is a link with instructions to set up gmail as an exchange server from your TP: http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299
Old 11-17-2009, 12:51 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

So you only have your contacts on you TP and nowhere else?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

asgard_thor is a n00b

well I actually have them on my TP's SD card, saved with pinbackup
i am trying out the google sync
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Google is definitely the way to go. Everyone seems to have issues with Palm's own backup service, I transferred all my contacts to google from my mac then synced w/the Pre. Everything worked perfectly.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:17 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

As far as putting your phone in developer mode... Yes, just start typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

You will need it in developer mode so that Quick Install will recognize your phone.

When in Quick Install click the bottom button on the right... Click web feeds all and the install the Package manager first and the preware. Then do the upupdowndowleftrightleftrightbastart to take your pre out of dev mode.

Preware will install all patches, themes and homebrews for you on the Pre with NO computer hook up!
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 11-17-2009, 04:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

asgard_thor is a n00b

awesome well im looking forward to my Pre
Old 11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You will love it!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre