PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Red face Facebook finally comes to webOS, not with a bang but a whimper

I dunno is this was posted somewhere else or maybe its old news, but saw it and thought about all you pre'ers..

Facebook finally comes to webOS, not with a bang but a whimper

Just in time for the Pixi's grand debut, webOS devices (that's just Pixi and Pre) now have their first official Facebook app, joining the ranks of iPhone and Android... and we're sad to report that it's about as barebones as they can get. It pulls from the raw live stream, seemingly unfiltered -- even if you said "no" to Farmville updates on your main feed, they'll show up here. Clicking a YouTube link brings you to the YouTube app, clicking links go to browser. You can update your status or upload a photo, but that's about it. You can't seem to search Facebook for any info, view events, or anything else, and clicking on someone's name or photo brings up their contact info. And that's about it -- can someone give Joe Hewitt a ring? Still, it's better than nothing. WebOS 1.3.1 is required, not that you had any reason to hold off upgrading. Gallery: Facebook for webOS

Last edited by apristel; 11-16-2009 at 07:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Re: Facebook finally comes to webOS, not with a bang but a whimper

I guess nobody cared.. lol

oh well..
Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

lol while i do say thanks for the post..I dont use facebook.. or myspace etc.. who am i gonna network with,, my wife and kids,lol i see them everyday.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I do use facebook and this app isn't all that great.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I didn't know if the pre had other apps, I'm a TP2 person..

Saw it on a nerd site and thought it may help the community.. and yeah, as the article states this app isn't all that.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

its cool thanks for the post.. i guess its better than nothing for the peeps that use facebook..
Old 11-16-2009, 11:16 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I use friendsflow. Works well for me.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

I use Palmbook. The app for FB is a complete joke and I think it was added just for adding sake. Palmbook can use some adjustments but all in all its a good app. Other than X.Facebook.com or Lite.facebook.com I'll stick with Palmbook.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

while i use facebook a lot like most of you, I actually like the palm facebook app. Its a great start to what looks like it could be a great killer app. Most of you are blinded by the fact that you expected it to be like the iphone app from the start. if you look at the facebook app for andriod the first release had less fetures in it than that of the webos version, after 3months look at the version they have now its got some great fetures. just give em some time, i'm sure this was just a point release to get something out there so people could stop *****ing!!

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 11-17-2009, 07:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

GoBigBlue is just getting started

I know it's a 1.0 app and all... but come on.. at least let me view my own profile, other people's profiles, and my inbox... those are like the basic features of Facebook. This Facebook app is useless, unless you use Facebook like Twitter. lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre