PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   battery life (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96745)

fixxxer2012 11-15-2009 05:54 PM

battery life

why is the battery life soo bad on this phone? i see this as the only downfall for me personally. i am buying and extended one tonight but palm should of given us a better battery. i even turned gps off and im not using the built in yahoo messenger anymore and my life is still horrid. ](*,)

nxtech3 11-16-2009 11:28 AM

Re: battery life

because no matter whats on the screen, there are always processes running in the background. Thats the point of Palms Synergy, always updating in the background.

Carla 11-16-2009 12:51 PM

I am so used to my Diamond/TP and having to have chargers in my desk at work, in my car, and at home, not including sync cables for my Laptop and Netbook that I don't even notice the battery life LOL!......Get a purse :p

ayling68 11-16-2009 12:58 PM

It's odd i can go around three days sometimes but mostly i hit 50% by the end of the night but if i do a lot online all day i'm fine but if i make a few calls throughout the day it tears through mine somedays but never as bad as my diamond or tp

NinjaMom 11-16-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carladarla (Post 1333716)
i am so used to my diamond/tp and having to have chargers in my desk at work, in my car, and at home, not including sync cables for my laptop and netbook that i don't even notice the battery life lol!......get a purse :p

+1

lol

Certs 11-16-2009 04:05 PM

Tonight I will be taking the subway to go see Monday Night RAW and will be away from a charger for approx 5 hours. Combine that with no service on the train and a congested network at the event and I should get a good battery test tonight

spiritcrusher33 11-16-2009 05:55 PM

Just put in airplane mode til u get the event.. that should help on the standby til u get there...

Carla 11-17-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certs (Post 1334419)
Tonight I will be taking the subway to go see Monday Night RAW and will be away from a charger for approx 5 hours. Combine that with no service on the train and a congested network at the event and I should get a good battery test tonight

Don't know what Monday Night Raw is but have a blast Certs :p

Certs 11-17-2009 02:02 AM

LOL Carla, how can you not know what that is?? ;)

I was very pleased with the battery life tonight. Was at 66% after 4 hours off the charger. Took a couple pics and a little web surfing too.

Machinehead 11-17-2009 10:28 AM

Battery life for me depends on what I'm doing. On a normal business day, I have no issues going 24 hours. Mostly because I'm just getting push exchange email and occasionally doing things with the calender but for the most part it just sits at my desk all day. Battery life is much shorter when I'm constantly using it. I can kill the battery in less than 5 hours playing music or videos, surfing the web, twittering, etc. Turning airplane mode on does help a ton when I'm reading ebooks and want the battery to last.