PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Things to know before selling a Pre? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96662)

Shohan 11-15-2009 03:39 AM

Things to know before selling a Pre?

Sprint's replacing my Touch Pro with a Pre. My only things are 1. I'm not sure I'm going to like it, but there were no better options offered, and 2. with my TP problems and lack of Sprint coverage in my area I'm seriously considering doing a transfer of liability on my SERO 500 account and selling the Pre to fund the purchase of a Moto Droid and switching to Verizon. If I do this though what do I need to know about selling the Pre?

I ask because I've only ever played with Palm devices and have read brief things like about the Palm profile. Is this profile device specific? Ideally, if I use the phone for a while and still decide to sell it I'll obviously need to wipe my data from it and remove any connection between the device and things like this Palm profile. If I sell it can the new owner create their own Palm profile?

fixxxer2012 11-15-2009 05:49 PM

Re: Things to know before selling a Pre?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shohan (Post 1330454)
Sprint's replacing my Touch Pro with a Pre. My only things are 1. I'm not sure I'm going to like it, but there were no better options offered, and 2. with my TP problems and lack of Sprint coverage in my area I'm seriously considering doing a transfer of liability on my SERO 500 account and selling the Pre to fund the purchase of a Moto Droid and switching to Verizon. If I do this though what do I need to know about selling the Pre?

I ask because I've only ever played with Palm devices and have read brief things like about the Palm profile. Is this profile device specific? Ideally, if I use the phone for a while and still decide to sell it I'll obviously need to wipe my data from it and remove any connection between the device and things like this Palm profile. If I sell it can the new owner create their own Palm profile?

keep the pre and give it a go man, i just bought one and i love it. if your gonna sell it i wouldn't even bother opening the box and setting it up. if your lucky maybe you can trade it for a hero.

krayzie7th 11-15-2009 07:20 PM

yea i would say go for the pre. I just came from WM and man im loving the webOS just so nice and smooth.

bxtzd3 11-15-2009 07:21 PM

if your selling it let me know. give it a shot and keep my screen name in your mind. im looking to get something to replace my diamond but dont want to cash in on my month to month yet, 9 months so far. its like driving below the e on the gas gage. how far can i go.

on another note, how did you get them to switch? maybe i could get them to trade for me. tf3 keeps crashing.

Shohan 11-15-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bxtzd3 (Post 1331765)
if your selling it let me know. give it a shot and keep my screen name in your mind. im looking to get something to replace my diamond but dont want to cash in on my month to month yet, 9 months so far. its like driving below the e on the gas gage. how far can i go.

on another note, how did you get them to switch? maybe i could get them to trade for me. tf3 keeps crashing.

Well, I likely have to give the Pre a chance as it's my only phone, no home or work phones. I got them swtich my Touch Pro because I guess it's costing them more to keep replacing/repairing TPs than it is to just move customers to different devices. If you look in the Touch Pro forum there is a thread about Sprint swapping TPs for TP2s. Well, they've removed the TP2 from the list according to the Repair Center, but they're still replacing them. Anways, in that thread is some screen shots that were leaked. One of the memo tellings authorized service centers to do the swap and another of the list of phones available for swap. I'll keep you in mind should I decide otherwise. Any chance of you being interested in the SERO line as well?

I will say I've become very comfortable with WM. Not so much it's problems, but the variety of programs. Things like Palringo, Mobipocket, PocketTwit, FIM, TomTom I use just about everyday. Hell, Mobipocket is probably my most used app I always find downtime and pop it open. I'm sure there is comparable apps though. Must have apps for me though are definitely an ebook reader and something with spoken turn-by-turn navigation.

bxtzd3 11-15-2009 09:33 PM

not into the sero, but i have a diamond that i flashed and now the touch flo crashes once a month. i was going to go to verizon for the droid but cant bring myself to pay 20 more a month on top of the leap that sprint wants me to make to use the hero or pre type lines.
my other 2 lines dont even use the minutes let alone data and i need to upgrade all of them. i wanted to stay month to month with my family plan.

Carla 11-16-2009 01:06 PM

Honestly I have played with a few Adroid devices, played with the Moto Droid Friday when I went to Verizon with a friend because she was tired of her Storm (Got her a TP2 ordered :) ) and they are all hype IMO.....The Droid was a cool phone, but nothing I would do back flips about....The Hero, as you can see from a few of the Pre users here who have gone Hero and came back, isn't all it's cracked up to be......Everyone is different, but I would definitely give the Pre a shot, I absolutely love mine. I have my upgrade in January, but I am in no rush to get something else.....Unless I see the HD2 pop up on Sprint....LOL

spiritcrusher33 11-16-2009 01:44 PM

well put..my upgrade is in march..and am in no rush either... might just stay off contract til hd2 or something else shows up after march... def staying with the pre for awhile...

Shohan 11-16-2009 10:56 PM

Nevermind. Looks like I'm not joining the Pre crowd. Sprint won't activate the Pre on my SERO account because it requires an Everything plan. Now I have to choose between another TP, HTC Snap, or a Palm Pro.

spiritcrusher33 11-16-2009 11:01 PM

ouch ya.. i guess if ur not willing to give up sero.. i would choose the tp and hope u get a good one.. or the palm pro... though the snap is really nice i had one for 2 weeks.. its fast but runs wm standard...

I gave up my sero for the pre... went to the 59 a month 500 min everything plan and go anymobile with it.. ya its 30 more a month.. but to me its worth it... way better plan than att and verizon.. and basicly have unlimited calling.. as all my calls are to mobile phones.lol