PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 03:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Things to know before selling a Pre?

Sprint's replacing my Touch Pro with a Pre. My only things are 1. I'm not sure I'm going to like it, but there were no better options offered, and 2. with my TP problems and lack of Sprint coverage in my area I'm seriously considering doing a transfer of liability on my SERO 500 account and selling the Pre to fund the purchase of a Moto Droid and switching to Verizon. If I do this though what do I need to know about selling the Pre?

I ask because I've only ever played with Palm devices and have read brief things like about the Palm profile. Is this profile device specific? Ideally, if I use the phone for a while and still decide to sell it I'll obviously need to wipe my data from it and remove any connection between the device and things like this Palm profile. If I sell it can the new owner create their own Palm profile?

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Re: Things to know before selling a Pre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohan View Post
Sprint's replacing my Touch Pro with a Pre. My only things are 1. I'm not sure I'm going to like it, but there were no better options offered, and 2. with my TP problems and lack of Sprint coverage in my area I'm seriously considering doing a transfer of liability on my SERO 500 account and selling the Pre to fund the purchase of a Moto Droid and switching to Verizon. If I do this though what do I need to know about selling the Pre?

I ask because I've only ever played with Palm devices and have read brief things like about the Palm profile. Is this profile device specific? Ideally, if I use the phone for a while and still decide to sell it I'll obviously need to wipe my data from it and remove any connection between the device and things like this Palm profile. If I sell it can the new owner create their own Palm profile?

keep the pre and give it a go man, i just bought one and i love it. if your gonna sell it i wouldn't even bother opening the box and setting it up. if your lucky maybe you can trade it for a hero.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

krayzie7th is a n00b

yea i would say go for the pre. I just came from WM and man im loving the webOS just so nice and smooth.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

bxtzd3 is a n00b

if your selling it let me know. give it a shot and keep my screen name in your mind. im looking to get something to replace my diamond but dont want to cash in on my month to month yet, 9 months so far. its like driving below the e on the gas gage. how far can i go.

on another note, how did you get them to switch? maybe i could get them to trade for me. tf3 keeps crashing.

Rom: Mighty tree.oh
Radio: verizon 1.03.03v
battery life = 12+
Old 11-15-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxtzd3 View Post
if your selling it let me know. give it a shot and keep my screen name in your mind. im looking to get something to replace my diamond but dont want to cash in on my month to month yet, 9 months so far. its like driving below the e on the gas gage. how far can i go.

on another note, how did you get them to switch? maybe i could get them to trade for me. tf3 keeps crashing.
Well, I likely have to give the Pre a chance as it's my only phone, no home or work phones. I got them swtich my Touch Pro because I guess it's costing them more to keep replacing/repairing TPs than it is to just move customers to different devices. If you look in the Touch Pro forum there is a thread about Sprint swapping TPs for TP2s. Well, they've removed the TP2 from the list according to the Repair Center, but they're still replacing them. Anways, in that thread is some screen shots that were leaked. One of the memo tellings authorized service centers to do the swap and another of the list of phones available for swap. I'll keep you in mind should I decide otherwise. Any chance of you being interested in the SERO line as well?

I will say I've become very comfortable with WM. Not so much it's problems, but the variety of programs. Things like Palringo, Mobipocket, PocketTwit, FIM, TomTom I use just about everyday. Hell, Mobipocket is probably my most used app I always find downtime and pop it open. I'm sure there is comparable apps though. Must have apps for me though are definitely an ebook reader and something with spoken turn-by-turn navigation.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

bxtzd3 is a n00b

not into the sero, but i have a diamond that i flashed and now the touch flo crashes once a month. i was going to go to verizon for the droid but cant bring myself to pay 20 more a month on top of the leap that sprint wants me to make to use the hero or pre type lines.
my other 2 lines dont even use the minutes let alone data and i need to upgrade all of them. i wanted to stay month to month with my family plan.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Honestly I have played with a few Adroid devices, played with the Moto Droid Friday when I went to Verizon with a friend because she was tired of her Storm (Got her a TP2 ordered ) and they are all hype IMO.....The Droid was a cool phone, but nothing I would do back flips about....The Hero, as you can see from a few of the Pre users here who have gone Hero and came back, isn't all it's cracked up to be......Everyone is different, but I would definitely give the Pre a shot, I absolutely love mine. I have my upgrade in January, but I am in no rush to get something else.....Unless I see the HD2 pop up on Sprint....LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

well put..my upgrade is in march..and am in no rush either... might just stay off contract til hd2 or something else shows up after march... def staying with the pre for awhile...
Old 11-16-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nevermind. Looks like I'm not joining the Pre crowd. Sprint won't activate the Pre on my SERO account because it requires an Everything plan. Now I have to choose between another TP, HTC Snap, or a Palm Pro.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

ouch ya.. i guess if ur not willing to give up sero.. i would choose the tp and hope u get a good one.. or the palm pro... though the snap is really nice i had one for 2 weeks.. its fast but runs wm standard...

I gave up my sero for the pre... went to the 59 a month 500 min everything plan and go anymobile with it.. ya its 30 more a month.. but to me its worth it... way better plan than att and verizon.. and basicly have unlimited calling.. as all my calls are to mobile phones.lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre