PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: okay i bought the pre...now what do i do?

welcome aboard.. nice timing for the new update..lol
Old 11-14-2009, 06:55 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie7th View Post
I guess i am joining you fixxxer i just got my pre today.

it's a awesum, underrated smartphone, id put it up there with the hero & iphone IMO. so far im loving it, aside from the horrid battery life but ill save for an extended battery soon.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ya im so happy i bought the extended battery.. i hate being tied to a charger..
Old 11-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
just bought a new palm pre instead of the hero. can you guys give me some helpful links to unlock the phone and theme it? maybe give me some tricks of the trade for a better experience?
Trade it back in for something else. Or Pray! lol
Old 11-14-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

krayzie7th is a n00b

yea so far i'm loving it,everything is just so easy and smooth.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:55 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Trade it back in for something else. Or Pray! lol

the vogue was a solid phone but the pre blows it away, sorry horn.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
the vogue was a solid phone but the pre blows it away, sorry horn.
I totally agree...never would i have thought I would replace my diamond after getting all setup the way i liked it.. theme and all.. But the pre made me rethink everything...and am totally a pre convert.. even thought it cost me 30 bucks more a month..( had sero 500 ) to me its totally worth it..

All of the core things i used wm for i can do on the pre without effort..and it just works...lol
Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

If you're coming from WinMo, WebOS is so much easier to work with. I had flash withdrawlas when I moved to the Pre. I was constantly flashing my Diamond and tweeking it that I felt I wasnt doing enought when I got the Pre. Now that I have had it since day one, I really like this phone and the new update had easied some of my pains. I wish for video and better connection with BT, but I can hold out. My wife has a Hero and I so perfer the Pre. I like the app store from Android and hope in time we get the same volume. The Pre is a very good phone, just too bad its not as famous as the Iphone, thats too bad. Congrats on the phone and there is alot of info here to making the Pre run better.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

I love the pre and webos. Nothing comes close to multi-tasking to the degree that it does. Now dont get me wrong,i too love my windows mobile but at the moment it doesn't love me. Everyone raves about the hardware capabilities of the iphone. The pre damn there matches that. The multi-tasking of windows, webos is in my opinion,light years ahead of it. Then there's android, im not sure what makes it so special, i never understood and if someone can help i would appreciate it. Is it easy to develop for? I thought it wasn't created for cdma phones or was it the display type(capacitive/resistive)? To tell the truth outside of the apps, it really is nothing more than a windows mobile knock-off. Actually its worse,it doesnt match windows' multi-tasking/business abilities. Its just a bare bones OS with different UI's layered on top. Also, its (android) being used by alot of different phone manufacturers. It seems like deja'vu to me. I'm not saying android will fail,but relying on someone else to make your OS stable/user friendly/fun and productive is what made windows fall behind. The only thing that saved them is their marketshare and business aspects of its OS. In comparison Android doesnt have either. Say what you want about palm, they have a fanbase, a better OS in my opinion and business tools/software already in its OS. The pre's OS is much more user friendly and updates come quicker. If it took google this long to release eclair, which wasnt that great and palm is already about to include flash, i say everyone else should be worried.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741

Last edited by smoove21; 11-17-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

bxtzd3 is a n00b

the android is also linux. i loooooovvvvvveeeeeee linux. it resurrected my dying laptop that crashed with windows. but im in between, as i have posted all over the forums, the hero, droid, moment and pre. ill even through in the crackberry s2. but most likely will stay yellow and black so much for that

Rom: Mighty tree.oh
Radio: verizon 1.03.03v
battery life = 12+
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre