PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   do you guys recommend the palm pre still or not? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95846)

fixxxer2012 11-10-2009 06:59 PM

do you guys recommend the palm pre still or not?

i have a pending deal for a new pre and ive read alot of good and bad points of the phone. id love a hero but i don't have enough for one right now. what do you guys think? is it really worth it?

Incubated 11-10-2009 08:24 PM

Re: do you guys recommend the palm pre still or not?

i am also interested. i fell in love with the demonstration and reviews. the only thing i don't like, is that this forum is way to empty. with my diamond i have the option to flash a new rom daily. the difference between the stock rom and what i have on now is not even comperable. the phone used to be a piece of ****, but now its hot ****. battery life alone tripled.
i just hope Telus gets it. it looks very attractive.

fixxxer2012 11-10-2009 08:46 PM

well i don't need it now, i just talked to sprint and they offered me a new hero for $80 tomorrow. i can go pick up my phone in the afternoon at a corporate store. too bad i have to drive 50+ miles to get to it though.

syanni85 11-10-2009 09:44 PM

lets put it this way... Consider urself lucky that ur going w the hero first. Cuz if you went from Pre to hero, you'd be back to the Pre in a heartbeat and woulda wasted alot of gas.

afx 11-10-2009 10:52 PM

The pre is the first phone I have STILL been happy with after 3 months.

Incubated 11-11-2009 04:28 AM

damn it telus hurry up.

to be honest, htc should change their name from innovation to been there done that. manilla is, frankly, getting on my nerves.

ericizzy1 11-11-2009 04:39 AM

pre is the best phone i EVER had, and i had a lot of phones. u cant even compare the hero to it.

Incubated 11-11-2009 04:46 AM

i am a little suspicious about hero. telus just got it, and right away it's starting at 99$. i duno if they want to attract gsm, sim card users, but my diamond was 250 on 3 year term last year. and it wasn't as new as hero. i mean 99$. come on. but they did get the iphone too.

spiritcrusher33 11-11-2009 10:35 AM

I second on getting the pre.. totally love this phone.. I could careless if nobody is in the forum.. that just means we are all happy with our pre's.lol j/k

But i had a chance to mess with the hero for a few hours.. ( my bro got one,, and is returning it for a pre ,lol ) while its a cool device had a few positive moments..But for me to many negatives.. so Im staying with my pre..

I mean everything i did with my diamond i can do with the pre now..

1. tethering.
1.5 one of the best cameras ive every used on a phone.. and no lag at all..
2. rss feeds
3. way better pandora.. and other streaming radio. ( 3.5 jack )
4. web browser kicks arse..
5. mp3 and video rock..
6. keyboard..
7. mutitasking like no other..
8. messenging and email..
9. quick updates..
10 preware..

only 3 negative things for me bout the pre..

no opera mini..
no video cam
and no flash, which is coming..

everything else rocks...

I do miss what i can do with wm.. as far as changing this and that.. but hell when u have a pre not much needs to be changed. maybe a theme.lol

Incubated 11-11-2009 02:18 PM

how do you find the battery life? that's the scariest thing for me. i dont want to be hooked on chargers every couple of hours if i decide to play mp3 and browse the web. does it stack up to current diamond roms?