PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: do you guys recommend the palm pre still or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
Is it a really good phone that will allow you multitask, hell yeah. I cant wait to see what 1.3.1 does and further down the road with the Pre2.

...Or will it be the "Palm Post?"
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: sprint

TMcGuire17 is a n00b

The pre SUCKS! the juice that is. Its not a bad phone as long as you don't mind running around like the ghostbusters with a pack on your back. Had mine 2 wks battery lasted about an hour if it was being used. I don't care how much you use a phone if it dies in an hour its junk! Went with the hero and love it.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have been developing roms for wm for years (since my first 8125). I sold my touch pro and switched to the samsung moment. I hardware is amazing but android isn't ready. I left wm to make life easier and the hero is a joke hardware wise compared to the moment. I went through 4 android phones in less then a week. Out of frustration and desperation I gave the pre a shot.

I have to say that this is the most amazing phone I have ever owned. I am still getting used to the touchscreen but I will never go back. I am sold on the webos. The phone is insanely powerful. I liken it to the PS3. It evolves with each software update. I will continue to support Palm going forward.. I am not looking back...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcGuire17 View Post
The pre SUCKS! the juice that is. Its not a bad phone as long as you don't mind running around like the ghostbusters with a pack on your back. Had mine 2 wks battery lasted about an hour if it was being used. I don't care how much you use a phone if it dies in an hour its junk! Went with the hero and love it.
You got an hour out of a full charge? I am skeptical of this.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
lets put it this way... Consider urself lucky that ur going w the hero first. Cuz if you went from Pre to hero, you'd be back to the Pre in a heartbeat and woulda wasted alot of gas.
what ever is that you're smoking share with me plz! nvm I'm sure you love McDonald's toys!

Switched to the Hero can't be happier!

I remember those 25 days that I had the PRE... charging it 3 times a day!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:13 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I have to charge my Pre a lot too... But I am always using it as well. LOVE this phone.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

wow some of those comments are a little,, how do we say " childish " ? my kids act better than that..

as far as batt life.. I just bought the seidio extended battery.. and this thing last forever now.. i dont care what people say. all smartphones suck when it comes to battery life..i dont care which os or phone ur using... u can

a. get extra batts
b. have a charger handy everywhere
c. live with the extra bulk of the extended batt and never have to worry bout a or b..
Old 11-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Yea my Diamond and TP both sucked with battery, hence why I had 2 wall chargers, a car charger, 2 batteries and a few sync cables lol.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

lol i know.. just bout every ppc ive used.. ppc6700, touch, tp, mogul, ad diamond.. all had either seidio or mugen extended batts..

I hate being tied to the wall charger.. the car isnt much of a problem.. just plug in and go..

but people are always like why does this phones batt suck. etc.. well u know the thinner your device the batt life goes out the window.lol

I just laugh how people complain all the time bout that..

think bout it..u buy a netbook with a 3cell batt. hum well u got prollly 2 hours of batt life...get the ext 6 cell u double that. but also double the size of the batt..

oh well im just tired of people complaining bout this or that.. or saying iphone rules.. or this and that. lol

its just funny.. we are people living in a so called.lol free nation with choice. and most people like to be diff and others like to follow the herd.. but people complain to much bout this or that.. and lack that simple thing called common sense..

I love that bible thing.. judge not or be judged yourself..or however it goes..

people be kind and rewind.lol

bah sorry my rant ends now. or rather random acts of senseless babble.. bah......
Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Battery life should be complained about imo. At least I have the option of an extended battery with the Pre.

A phone should last a full day with decent usage. We have them to use them, and shouldn't have to worry about charging our phones at 3PM on a day off.

That being said, its a problem with most smartphones these days, not just the Pre.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre