PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
GPS Lag

Ive had issues with my pre, sprint gps and lag. The issue is the same as what i was experiencing with touch pro where ill pass a block and it will still show me a couple feet behind from where i stand. Has anyone else had this issue with there pre. Ive noticed that with Google maps its a lot better than when i use sprint navi, but even then its still not perfect.

Update: even after doing this (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html) I still experience the same symptoms.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: GPS Lag

I noticed a quikcer lock then I had on my Diamond....But I don't really use GPS on my phone that often.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Yea, locking isn't really a big issue for usually when i get in the program it already has me found, but when its guiding me its off by a couple feet and sometimes even a block depending on where i am. Kind of frustrating. weird thing is i have already had my phone replaced twice due to the speaker phone blowing and this one is by far the worst one of the two that I've had.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:30 PM

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community

All refurbs?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

first replacement was new since it was within the 30 day period, and the second replacement was used/refurb with kinda made me mad. Lost my body protector . They there said they don't open up the pres because palm doesn't allow them to
Old 11-01-2009, 12:15 AM

So if mine breaks or whatever, they won't open it in the repair center?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
Yea, locking isn't really a big issue for usually when i get in the program it already has me found, but when its guiding me its off by a couple feet and sometimes even a block depending on where i am. Kind of frustrating. weird thing is i have already had my phone replaced twice due to the speaker phone blowing and this one is by far the worst one of the two that I've had.
yeah, i notice that happens to me too, but i've had that issue with every phone i've had with sprint navigation. i don't think it's so much the gps as it is the software. with that being said, i prefer sprint nav on this phone to any other phone i've used (diamond, instinct, hero, tour).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
So if mine breaks or whatever, they won't open it in the repair center?
nope. i had a replacement pre that had a sizeable gap between the two halves and it looked like all they would need to do is tighten it, but they had to send it back and order me another one.

it's too bad about the hardware on this phone. i've used a bunch of phones and the pre is my favorite, but the hardware issues are annoying. i've only had to change out my phone once, but they guys at the store say they have to swap them out all the time.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:48 AM

If they have to order a new one you leave with your broken one until the new one arrives? That sucls.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre