PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Will they finally admit it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post
@smoove21

Where are all these threads asking for SPB, sensuite, or whether they can put Android or WebOS on their TP or TP2?

I think 1 rom comes with SPB. Other than that, I see no mention of anything you are saying...

The Pre is a fine phone, but don't go making stuff up. For every single thread that has anything you speak of, there are 50+ other threads that do not. Percentages are kind of important here, wouldn't you say?
He's not making it up. There a sh!t ton of threads about it. Not to mention the fact that, even if there are "50+ threads that don't for every thread that does", thats a stupid arguement. Thats like saying that, for every phone produced, there are 50 chargers produced for it, therefore chargers are the more popular thing. You need to understand that for every one of those threads NOT about making WM like webOS or Android, there are 49 that are related to hardware issues. Percentage is kind of important here.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
He's not making it up. There a sh!t ton of threads about it. Not to mention the fact that, even if there are "50+ threads that don't for every thread that does", thats a stupid arguement. Thats like saying that, for every phone produced, there are 50 chargers produced for it, therefore chargers are the more popular thing. You need to understand that for every one of those threads NOT about making WM like webOS or Android, there are 49 that are related to hardware issues. Percentage is kind of important here.
you guys are pulling numbers out of your butts in order to make a point.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
you guys are pulling numbers out of your butts in order to make a point.
regardless of numbers, the fact remains that the main bulk of modifications done to a windows mobile phone are performed to achieve the functionality of an Android or WebOS device. In the diamond forums there are a lot of threads about porting android to the Diamond or implementing specific features from either WebOS or Android in WM. I don't care about numbers or percentages, i just know the threads i was reading. On a personal note, i would like to add that the past 3 or 4 years of owning a WM phone, i was only striving to achieve the level of ubiquity and functionality of my HTC Hero. Android is just better. Period.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

well saying andriod is better is nothing more than a opinion.. just because people admire themes from other devices ( ie hero theme ) doesnt make the hero a better device for everyone.

people like the iphone theme but does that make them want a iphone?,,not really..

everyone is diff. most follow trends...or whats cool. me i just buy what i need,, not what someone else thinks i need.lol

enjoy what u can afford...for me right now im all bout the pre..cause it just works for what i need. without a hicup!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
regardless of numbers, the fact remains that the main bulk of modifications done to a windows mobile phone are performed to achieve the functionality of an Android or WebOS device. In the diamond forums there are a lot of threads about porting android to the Diamond or implementing specific features from either WebOS or Android in WM. I don't care about numbers or percentages, i just know the threads i was reading. On a personal note, i would like to add that the past 3 or 4 years of owning a WM phone, i was only striving to achieve the level of ubiquity and functionality of my HTC Hero. Android is just better. Period.
Ok, so you saw those threads. What does that mean? Oh, only that WM phones are capable of such things, so why not start threads discussing them?

I too have read the threads on the things you speak of, and they aren't THAT abundant that everyone's rushing to get away from touch flo or WM.

BTW, congrats on liking the hero. It really looks like a cool phone. I went and played with one in a Sprint store about 3 different times. All 3 times I felt rushed because everyone wanted to try it! I definitely got to try the touch pro 2 a lot without people waiting though.

I really liked what I saw on the hero, but it felt only slightly less clunky than my touch pro. It was just a few steps behind the pre though.

Isn't it great we have these options now? lol
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

Astrak is just getting started

Personally I didn't flash to a custom ROM because the WM version on my diamond was bad, I did because I can, I find it interesting to experiment. You know hence that word in the websites name "geeks". To say that other phone OS's don't have problems is BS, they all have problems. There is nothing wrong with wanting to tweak your device to make it better than it already is, that doesn't make WM mobile bad that's what makes it great.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:41 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrak View Post
Personally I didn't flash to a custom ROM because the WM version on my diamond was bad, I did because I can, I find it interesting to experiment. You know hence that word in the websites name "geeks". To say that other phone OS's don't have problems is BS, they all have problems. There is nothing wrong with wanting to tweak your device to make it better than it already is, that doesn't make WM mobile bad that's what makes it great.
QFT. This is a geek's website. It's not fair to try and judge which phone is best based on the UI threads lol.

I think that buzz about wireless site or sprintusers site would be a better place to look at in order to judge just how problematic WM phones are.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
regardless of numbers, the fact remains that the main bulk of modifications done to a windows mobile phone are performed to achieve the functionality of an Android or WebOS device.
Quote:
Android is just better. Period.
You're taking a personal opinion and presenting it as fact. What is the goal of modifications to the Android and WebOS devices if they are already so perfect? Reading through the PreCentral forums you'll see a lot of threads where people are trying to make thier Pre do the things that they used to be able to accomplish on thier WM device. Another opinion would be that WM is the better OS and the modifications to Android and WebOS are performed to achieve the customization levels that WM already has. Presenting personal opinion as fact is a fallacy (as described by the Wiki page linked in your sig).

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-27-2009, 10:58 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrak View Post
Exactly
Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Officer Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
You're taking a personal opinion and presenting it as fact. What is the goal of modifications to the Android and WebOS devices if they are already so perfect? Reading through the PreCentral forums you'll see a lot of threads where people are trying to make thier Pre do the things that they used to be able to accomplish on thier WM device. Another opinion would be that WM is the better OS and the modifications to Android and WebOS are performed to achieve the customization levels that WM already has. Presenting personal opinion as fact is a fallacy (as described by the Wiki page linked in your sig).
Point a-Because i said its better doesn't mean i'm stating it as a fact. (while i can understand that implication buried in the satement may be difficult to arrive at. The "I believe" is silent)
point b-this whole discussion has become stupid.
I understand people have choices. Sweet. I loved my Diamond. I love my Hero more. I'm saying that Android (I'll preface this with an IMO) performs much better out of the box than any windows mobile phone i've ever seen, not to mention android makes it easy for developers to play with. I won't even go into the idea that the developers of Android actually IMPROVE the operating system when they update it. All i'm saying is this: I use a windows mobile phone when i have time to tinker with the inner working of an operating system to perform on the same level as its competition. I use an Android phone when i want to be able to easily customize my phone's appearance without having to worry about any of its vast functionality being lost in the process.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Tags
android, custom roms, poll, touch pro2, webos