PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   is the pre worth it? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91136)

spiritcrusher33 10-18-2009 11:51 AM

Re: is the pre worth it?

while i havent played with a hero..I did go back to the pre and sold my diamond. To me the pre is a great device now and its only gonna get better.. It really up to what u need and right now the pre works and works well and suits my needs in a smartphone..Which atm is pandora.. and the fast camera ( for my girls soccer games.) those 2 things my diamond failed at. point is think bout what u will be using your smart phone for etc.. dont fall into the hype of a new release.

(research, play and decide)<--------i live by that simple rule.

NinjaMom 10-18-2009 11:55 AM

I want to play with the Hero... Just because... But I honestly do not see me giving up my Pre until Palm comes out with a Pre2. Would love a storage card slot...just cause I feel naked without one. LOL

The card system for multi-tasking is something I can not see myself doing without EVER again.

spiritcrusher33 10-18-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 1243992)
I want to play with the Hero... Just because... But I honestly do not see me giving up my Pre until Palm comes out with a Pre2. Would love a storage card slot...just cause I feel naked without one. LOL

The card system for multi-tasking is something I can not see myself doing without EVER again.

well put!!!!!!!!

fixxxer2012 10-18-2009 12:35 PM

i just don't like the design of the pre even though webos looks amazing. i don't think the pre did half as well as sprint thought it would. this is a tough choice for me. :disgust:

Machinehead 10-18-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Would love a storage card slot...just cause I feel naked without one. LOL

Or a way to wirelessly sync files. Anything to not need to connect to a PC.

Quote:

+1 it's the most elegant solution to mutlitasking I've seen on a smartphone and Android has nothing even remotely close.

ericizzy1 10-18-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1243881)
im due for an upgrade on nov 1st and ill be coming from a touch vogue. im not diggin winmo 6.5 at all. im torn between the htc hero and the pre. what do you guys think? is the pre worth it over android? ive played with the vogue/android builds and its much to unstable for me but i really like the look of it. the reason im torn on the pre is, i don't like the design and i hear there aren't very many themes or apps for it yet. i do know i can pick up a pre right now for cheaper than a hero.

any advice would be appreciated.

hell YES.

CozBoogie 10-19-2009 01:49 PM

I love my Pre. Love the simplicity of it...love the tweakability of it...love Synergy...love the card system as NinjaMom stated.

As of this writing there are 462 themes for the Pre. These themes can change just about every element of your system (from icons to notification, etc.) Installing/uninstalling a theme takes about 2 minutes an all you have to do is hit the "OK" button twice.

There are also 252 applications available.

I have 5 calendars feeding my Pre calendar...I have 4 email accounts (including an EAS account) feeding my Pre email.

Setting up calendars and emails takes 30 seconds (just enter your email addy and password)...nothing can be simpler.

I have 26 themes for my virtual keyboard which can be easily selected.

I could go on but I need to play with my Pre for a few minutes....

late,
Coz

CozBoogie 10-19-2009 01:51 PM

Check out the themes by syanni85 in the Pre Themes Forum to get an idea of what elements get changed when you install a theme.

late,
Coz

spiritcrusher33 10-19-2009 07:33 PM

exactly Ive got my pre all setup..lol but i updated without uninstalling the tweaks.. but got everything fixed but the v keyboard..keep getting error when i try to re-install it..

ive got everything the way i want it and can tether over wifi if needed.. couldnt be happier...

now waiting to get paid to get that seidio extended battery...

mlin 10-19-2009 07:59 PM

I have the Pre and I think the UI and OS is truly amazing. It is incredibly intuitive and easy to use and it all just makes sense. Unfortunately, I do not see the Pre being a major player in the smartphone game, whereas I think Android will be and thus there will continue to be more development for Android than there will be for WebOS. However, having used both, the Hero didn't do much for me and I feel that WebOS is a superior OS.

The keyboard takes a little getting used to, but once you learn to trust it and your fingers without really looking, you will notice you can type quite fast and with great accuracy. The current themes available are great and very extensive and as Coz mentioned, the app list is continuing to grow. I certainly hope the Pre does well because the OS is fantastic.