PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

InsomniacJedi is keeping up the good workInsomniacJedi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jumping ship!

Well this is awkward. I went the other way.

I had a Palm Pre, bought on Launch Day, and I loved it...up until October.

By October I had 3 different Palm Pres which all had to be returned due to hardware failure (The volume buttons sucked, also, one screen problem when a bubble formed under it) and then finally I got my 4th all the while defending my little Pre from my friends who said it was crap.

But then I couldn't talk to my friends anymore. Wanna know why? Because when I synced my Palm Profile on the 4th one, it erased all but two of my contacts. That was the last straw. I made Sprint give me a brand new HTC Touch Pro 2 for free. I love the Touch Pro 2. It is so much easier to hook up to my computer and play around with. Also, it hasn't lost any of my contacts. Ever. Microsoft My Phone works perfectly. Also, being able to back up my contacts to my computer is awesome.

So, I would disagree. In my opinion the Palm Pre is a locked down piece of junk where its main feature (The Palm Profile) doesn't even work. The HTC Touch Pro 2 on the other hand is a solid phone that actually works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

well i do miss my pre.( still working on getting those pics up of my pre getting ate by my daughters dog lol ) but since have moved on to the t-mobile tp2..

I do have to say its nice to be back to wm.. and the tp2 is light years ahead of the tp 1 and diamond as far as build quality is concerned.. this this is like everyone says ROCK SOLID.. But alas its still the same ol same ol so to speak.. but i do feel at home with wm.. with the pre i loved the fact it just worked outta the box.. few patches her etc and it was good to go.. everyday read my rss feeds. checked my mail. surfed.etc then put it back in the case. with wm.. I feel like im constantly searching for this or that. a new clock for sense. or a reg edit there.etc.. but thats the fun part. lol making it your own.. cant really go to that extreme with any other platform as u can with wm...

anyway.. I am looking forward to the pre2 to see what palm has done to revise the design or change a few things for the better.. i would love to see a more solid design. that doesnt have that cheap plastic feel to it.. and a bigger screen.. since having the tp2 i dont think i could ever go back to a smaller screen...
Old 12-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Shaska is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
I just hope the touch pro 3 next year is running a 1ghz processor that will solve all the speed issues.
Please do not take this as an insult as I don't mean it this way. But that kind of reasoning is just why the TP2 has a crappy processor or why X phone has Y problem. Phone companies (Especially HTC) LOVE to give users just under what they want. So next year rolls around and they drop another $400 on a sub par device...

Next year the TP3 probably Will have a fast processor, But some other nagging fault will ensure that you will want the TP4 to fix it!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaska View Post
Please do not take this as an insult as I don't mean it this way. But that kind of reasoning is just why the TP2 has a crappy processor or why X phone has Y problem. Phone companies (Especially HTC) LOVE to give users just under what they want. So next year rolls around and they drop another $400 on a sub par device...

Next year the TP3 probably Will have a fast processor, But some other nagging fault will ensure that you will want the TP4 to fix it!
welcome to the world of smart phones
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre