PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

JimathyIII is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Memory for Apps

I have about 2gb left on my Pre, but whenever I try to download an app it says that I don't have enough memory and to delete some applications. I have plenty of memory. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution? Trying to avoid hard resetting my device.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Memory for Apps

Let me guess....this is happening when trying to download from the installed App Catalog, right?

Palm has limited the amount of download space for your Pre. It has nothing to do with how much system memory is left.

Using Preware or WebOS Quick Install you can download basically as many homebrew apps as you want to. However, there is currently no work around for the App Catalog.

One idea is to uninstall enough homebrew apps until you can download from the App Catalog and then reinstall your homebrew apps.

Hopefully there will be a work-around found soon.

late,
Coz
Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Or Palm lifts the limit when they release the official app store. (maybe later this week)
Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon
Threadstarter

JimathyIII is a n00b

I'm going to have to go out and say it: that's pretty lame. I'm sure a lot of people aren't going to be happy about that. Regardless, thank you for your response. It's good to know there is nothing "wrong" with my phone. You just saved me from a hard reset! Thanks again.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I think we'd all like to see Palm lift the limit for sure!! However, for a device that's been out what, 3-4 months....I'm pretty damn satisfied with just about every aspect of it.

late,
Coz
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

+1 Coz...

The app limit is odd... It should be up to the user on the number of apps...but I am sure it was to "protect" our storage space.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
I'm pretty damn satisfied with just about every aspect of it.
+1 for me as well. The minor inconveniences are well out-weighed by how functional the device is on a day to day basis.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yep but until that happens read this and it will work for you all.

App Install Limit Be Gone: Fair Dinkum App Limit App

Instructions n how to install the great app to remove the memory issue

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

An even better fix, xorg over at PreCentral has released an app that that moves applications from the /var directory to /media.internal storage and then uses some sort of links back to /var. The first preware release came out last night, it's called MvApp. It's not for the faint of heart though.

Thread is here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-proposal.html
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre