PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Custom Video Icons (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86776)

CountryDevil 09-23-2009 02:38 PM

Custom Video Icons

2 Attachment(s)
ok.. I have searched on this and either I missed it or there is nothing out there and I have got no respose over at precentral.net

I am looking for a way to have custom video icons in the video launcher.

For example, I have a collection of movie posters or splash screens for the movies I have. Since the pre has the ability to show an "icon" for a movie I was wondering if there was a way to add my own custom icons. I would like to do this without going into root of the device and modify files. I assume there has to be a way to do this?

Attached is an example of what I am wanting to do. In the pic, the demo video is still in the list and has it's own icon. (hilighted in red) But all the others use a default picture/icon.

If anyone knows how to do what is in the example, please pass the info.

Thanks

CozBoogie 09-23-2009 04:39 PM

Re: Custom Video Icons

How are you getting your vids to your Pre? If you use iTunes and there is a "icon" of the movie in iTunes then it should carry over to your Pre.

late,
Coz

CountryDevil 09-23-2009 05:01 PM

I hate to say it.... well not really... but I am pretty much anti-apple so I dont use iTunes. I copy the files over via USB mode for movies that I have already formatted.

I have not tried using media-sync option yet. However, I don't think you have that much control on what gets put on the Pre from your computer. But That might be an option to look at.

CozBoogie 09-23-2009 05:10 PM

You do in fact have a great deal of control. Apple recently upgraded iTunes and it currently doesn't work with the Pre...so try to find the version before the most recent. I synced with iTunes and the Trailer Park Boys episodes I had sitting around on my HD copied over with screenshots of the episodes for the icons.

Copying movies via USB/drag-and-drop does not give you the icons.

late,
Coz

CountryDevil 09-23-2009 05:18 PM

Is there a way to manually add the icons or other sync software that can be used instead of iTunes?

CozBoogie 09-23-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryDevil (Post 1188478)
Is there a way to manually add the icons or other sync software that can be used instead of iTunes?

I don't know if you can directly sync with any other software. However, you might take a look at MediaMonkey. You may be able to generate some sort of preview in that for movies.

I'll take a deeper look at things tonight when I get home.

late,
Coz

anthony67 09-24-2009 04:57 PM

What format are you converting your movies to???

CozBoogie 09-24-2009 05:04 PM

They should be in mp4 format.

late,
Coz

CountryDevil 09-24-2009 11:00 PM

Yes they are mp4 format.

CozBoogie 09-25-2009 12:06 PM

I'm thinkin' you may have to break down and go with iTunes if you want to easily get those icons.

late,
Coz