PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   HELP: Can't delete text message. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85355)

sehjr 09-17-2009 12:12 AM

HELP: Can't delete text message.

I have a text message coversation with a contact that has been going on for over a month. I tried to delete it but it won't go away. It doesn't show up in the list of conversations but if there's a new text message, I can see the whole conversation. Any ideas to get rid of it?

](*,)

afx 09-17-2009 03:28 AM

Re: HELP: Can't delete text message.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sehjr (Post 1172218)
I have a text message coversation with a contact that has been going on for over a month. I tried to delete it but it won't go away. It doesn't show up in the list of conversations but if there's a new text message, I can see the whole conversation. Any ideas to get rid of it?

](*,)

I usually just press the text message button and swipe the entire conversation to the left and click delete. Did you try that? sorry if thats the most obvious thing :lol:

sehjr 09-17-2009 11:19 AM

Yeah, I tried that. First thing I did.

CozBoogie 09-17-2009 11:51 AM

First reboot your phone. Then as afx said swipe the conversation to the left or right. Then select delete.

What happens when you swipe? Do you get the option to "delete" or "cancel"?

late,
Coz

nxtech3 09-17-2009 12:41 PM

ive heard of this issue but its not common at all. If the soft reset or partial erase doesnt work, then a trip to the doctor might be the only way to go. Maybe try deleting the contact off the device then readding.

sehjr 09-17-2009 05:49 PM

There is nothing there to swipe. When I get a text from this contact there is a notification at the bottom of the screen. When I tap on it, there's no message. When I go to the Contacts list and tap his name I can send a message back. It opens the whole conversation thread. Did the reset and still the same. Deleted the contact. Reset. Added the contact back. Still shows up.

screamin69 09-19-2009 11:40 AM

Did you ever find out how to delete it, i have the same problem and tried just about every thing also. Hopefully someone figures this out.](*,)

sehjr 09-21-2009 04:46 PM

FINALLY! What I did was delete the contact, restart. Ran the backup, recreated the contact. Ran the backup, restarted. Don't know where it went, but it's gone.:)

CozBoogie 09-21-2009 04:51 PM

Damn...that sounds like a lot of work...but I'm glad you got it figured out.

late,
Coz

sehjr 09-21-2009 05:11 PM

Yeah, this thing takes a while to reboot. It may be that I didn't need to restart every time, but I'm off work today and just sitting around the house. Still love this phone. I find it a lot less stressful than my old Touch Pro. I think that's just Windows in general tho.