PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 850e (Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

gksmithlcw is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to gksmithlcw Send a message via AIM to gksmithlcw Send a message via MSN to gksmithlcw Send a message via Yahoo to gksmithlcw
No Offense...

But when did the Pre become a PPC? It's a wonderful smart device for sure but it is NOT a pocket PC. I'm just curious as to why it's made a home here on PPCGeeks... LOL

Thanks!

eNVENT Technologies
Use your imagination.
--
Sprint Treo 850e (Pro)

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: No Offense...

I'd presume that those in charge just felt that the audience their site attracts had an interest in the device.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

well mindfrost and a lot of members here believe that the term PPC (PocketPC) dont refer to windows devices only anymore with this statement...

"if you have a Windows Computer and format it to boot MAC OSX, does it stop being a PC??"

I believe also that a device or computer dont have to be Windows anymore to fulfill your computing needs as many other platforms and OS's can perform the same and sometimes better functionality than a Windows device when it comes to desktop or mobile computing

- Plus the FCC labeled the HTC Hero as a PocketPC when it passed the inspection for US Bands and it runs Android
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Plus, the Pre is just fun!

Beyond that, PPCGeeks is indeed supporting the Palm Pre (along with other Palm devices that do run on WM OS). There is also a sub-forum for Android and Apple OS's.

While the Pre may not indeed be a true "PPC", PPCGeeks wanted to offer support and a home to the Pre users.

late,
Coz
Old 09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lets look at the term "PPC". Acronym for Pocket Personal Computer. IMO the Pre does everything my "PPC" does except flash and editing documents, but other than that, it stands side by side with any of my WM devices. So to me, it is a PPC and im glad there is a forum here for it. ive been spending alot of my time at precentral but i always remember where i came from, PPCGEEKS!!!!

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
lets look at the term "PPC". Acronym for Pocket Personal Computer. IMO the Pre does everything my "PPC" does except flash and editing documents,
Both of which I expect to see in future WebOS releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
but other than that, it stands side by side with any of my WM devices. So to me, it is a PPC and im glad there is a forum here for it. ive been spending alot of my time at precentral but i always remember where i came from, PPCGEEKS!!!!
Well stated.

late,
Coz
Old 09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
plus, the pre is just fun!

Beyond that, ppcgeeks is indeed supporting the palm pre (along with other palm devices that do run on wm os). There is also a sub-forum for android and apple os's.

While the pre may not indeed be a true "ppc", ppcgeeks wanted to offer support and a home to the pre users.

Late,
coz
+1...=d>=d>=d>=d>

Old 09-17-2009, 01:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im just happy the iphones here. lol
Old 09-17-2009, 01:52 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

No offense.... But I am curious as to why this thread got started here. LOL

Pocket PC is a common term for a cellphone that does a lot for a person. That invites multi-tasking and such. After all my years in WinMo phones... the Pre does multi-tasking better hands down.

The pre is MOST DEFINITELY a Pocket PC... It doesn't have to have Windows to be a PPC.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:20 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
That invites multi-tasking and such. After all my years in WinMo phones... the Pre does multi-tasking better hands down...
so iPhone isnt PPC status worthy then! j/k
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre