PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got a used palm pre, dont know where to get this sign in thing, how do I hard reset?

I bought a new palm pre that turned out to be used cause its asking me for a login.

Where do I get this from? There wasnt any software that came with it and no manuals either.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work
Re: Got a used palm pre, dont know where to get this sign in thing, how do I hard res

Does it not give youthe option to create a new profile?
I can't recall right now.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Got a used palm pre, dont know where to get this sign in thing, how do I hard res

You can run WebOS Doctor. It is available at palm.com:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ool/index.html

This will wipe it out and set it to factory defaults. If you bought it new though I would complain to Sprint about this issue.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ill try that after I try to get this beast activated.

Thanks for the quick replies!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it always asks for a login b/c if you've had a previous palm device you would already have a palm profile and it would sync your data, if you don't have one, you can create one on device
Old 09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well I got the software but my computer doesnt see the pre because it cant login to the OS and set up the relationship with the PC

any ideas?
Old 09-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

have you tried creating the login on the device? under the login button at the bottom there should be a button for create palm profile after that the rest of the device setup should run
Old 09-11-2009, 01:42 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
have you tried creating the login on the device? under the login button at the bottom there should be a button for create palm profile after that the rest of the device setup should run
I just got to that part but the phone isnt activated yet because for some reason I cant upgrade my SERO to everything plus over the internets.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

oh i didn't catch the unactivated part, so yeah, you basically can't do anything with the phone til the esn has been activated.
and as far as accessing it over the web, i don't think you can touch your rate plan on your own b/c of the sero, you may have to call it in tonight or hit the sprint store tomorrow and have them change it for you
Old 09-11-2009, 02:21 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
oh i didn't catch the unactivated part, so yeah, you basically can't do anything with the phone til the esn has been activated.
and as far as accessing it over the web, i don't think you can touch your rate plan on your own b/c of the sero, you may have to call it in tonight or hit the sprint store tomorrow and have them change it for you
I tried to activate the phone over the web and it went through a plan upgrade thing for the 59 plan but the phone couldnt be activated over the web so it didnt work out.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre