PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
web os 1.2 leaked

this is not my finding, but was posted on precentral.net. webos 1.2 has been leaked and is on megaupload. i will edit post when i can find out what is different in it

http://www.precentral.net/webos-12-accidentally-leaked

Last edited by IFMISM; 09-04-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: web os 1.2 leaked

the features as well as a word of caution are listed in that very article
http://www.precentral.net/webos-12-accidentally-leaked
Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Yes...do wait for an "official release". And if you've made any tweaks via WebOS QuickInstall you may want to "un-do" those before you make the leap to 1.2.

late,
Coz
Old 09-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I got my hands on a bad esn pre to tweak and I can't wait till this drops. Looks like some good fixes
Old 09-10-2009, 10:36 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Here is list of some of the updates listed on WebOS Internals:

Disabled
  • A vary of patches including the OnScreen Keyboard.
  • Flashlight app does not work anymore.
  • Wifi Tethering disabled in a certain app
  • All of the messaging mods, patches, and edits don't work anymore. However, thing such as forwarding a message, you can copy-paste to forward.
  • Swipe down to close launcher has been removed.
Changes
  • LinkedIn Support in Synergy / Contacts
  • Find-as-you-type search support in Email for folders from main screen, subjects and senders from within a folder
  • App Catalog updated to support purchasing apps
  • Web browser enhanced
  • auto zooms to forms
  • download in browser enabled (including opening pdfs, docs, xls)
  • better rendering of mobile pages
  • Orange+click context menu on links
  • save images
  • Copy and Paste non-editable text (with some caveats- only can select by block of text in browser, only can copy all from Messaging, etc.)
  • shift tap to select areas of text in the browser allows for copy and paste.
  • Select All option in Edit menu
  • Save images in browser(Not GIF, assuming JPG and PNG only, Orange+click to do this)
  • PNG Support in Photos app
  • Clock app allows you to turn off alarms when mute switch is on
  • The full Facebook page now saves your login info, and is much easier to use because of auto zooming to text boxes
  • Speed increases across the board, notifications are much snappier
  • Dialer is snappy, minimal to no lag on anything
  • Selecting text and scrolling through text boxes is smoother, more accurate, and selects full words now
  • Can now disable Data(EVDO) and use WiFi in conjunction with standard voice service(Major battery saver, though there is an issue with it, you cannot make WiFi stay active when the screen is off and the phone isn't plugged in)
  • Displays phone number when using the phone, instead of just Mobile or Home etc
  • If you are on the main screen or launcher.. in you press gesture+v to paste, it will start a global search with whatever you pasted.
  • "Add Reminder" button added to a contact listing when using Universal Search
  • Tasks now gives the option to sort in "My Order" (how things were entered), by due date, or priority.
  • No more having to manually link AIM contacts to people if you already have that AIM name in the Google profile- seems to only apply to the first IM name listed per contact
  • The default Pre Ringtone has changed
  • Text Notifications now include a contact picture
  • Pinch to preview email from list view has been removed.
  • Updated mojo framework (200.1 on 1.1 it was 191.15(Probably responsible for the performance increases across the board)
  • Sprint Configuration is now v1.8
  • There is a "Send all to Car Kit" option in the Contacts Application now
  • Calendar now has additional preference setting for "Calendar View Options" to set the color of your calendars and to show them in the "All Calendars" view.
  • Swipe down though menu area now opens menus at top of screen.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:51 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I like the swipe down to close the launcher...
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 09-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work
Unhappy Re: web os 1.2 leaked

Actually a down swipe closed the launcher in 1.1.
What that refers to is you can swipe down trough the top bar to activate the menus.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 09-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Anyone updated yet? I'll wait for an "official" release myself.

late,
Coz
Old 09-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post

late,
Coz
it looked really tempting but i'm with you, wait for the official release before tinkering
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
it looked really tempting but i'm with you, wait for the official release before tinkering

Same here. I'm enjoying my customizations as long as I can.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre