PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20
Palm Pre Mute Switch

Is there a way to make the Mute switch universal?

Currently sound still comes out if the music, video or Youtube apps play. There may be more, but i haven't found them.

There are plenty of times i want to be able to use my phone for the aforementioned, but still need it to be silent if the headphones come out. (at work, on the bus, at grandma's house when listening to gangster rap)

I remember the Treo 650 being smart enough to keep music playing though the head phones, but not through the main speaker if the mute switch was on. WinMo never seemed to figure that little bit out.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-13-2009, 02:02 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Palm Pre Mute Switch

The Treo 800w was the the same as the 650. Setting the switch to silent muted everything. I kind of like the way it is with the Pre because I plug my phone up to my desktop speakers at work. If I get an incoming call the music stops and rather than hearing my ringtone I hear a very low clicking ring.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20
Re: Palm Pre Mute Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
The Treo 800w was the the same as the 650. Setting the switch to silent muted everything. I kind of like the way it is with the Pre because I plug my phone up to my desktop speakers at work. If I get an incoming call the music stops and rather than hearing my ringtone I hear a very low clicking ring.
For the most part i like the way the Pre reacts to sound and headphones, etc.

But when I have the mute on there are times I need it muted.

Case in point: I was researching something at a work meeting on my Pre. I clicked a link that wasn't listed as a video, put the pre down and went to pay attention to the rest of the meeting while the page loaded.

The obscenity laced, rock metal video that shot out of the MUTED pre during my bosses presentation did nothing to increase my chances for a bonus.

Though I would love a smart mute like i mentioned in my OP, I would prefer a mute that means mute. I'll just have to keep a closer eye on my volume level when I am at work until someone can figure a fix.

Thanks!
nb
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre