PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint pcs

corleone401 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down 5 days past 30 day mark!!!!!!!

I was 5 days past my 30 day mark when my earpiece speaker stop working. I took it to a repair shop and they told me that the phone was on back order so I went to another one which told me the same thing. After that, I went to the corporate store that I bought the phone from and the rep there told me he called his manager and the manager said no. I asked him if I could call customer care and have one their supervisors speak to the manager and he said yes. I called customer care and I was on the phone with them for a hour and 15 minutes only for the rep at the store to say I can't call the manager back because we've called her to much today. The rep had to talk to the lead on shift and he said no because the manager said so. He gave me the manager's card and told me to call her tomorrow and if I talk to her she would probably replace it. I called her the next day and she said no after pleading with her for a half hour. She finally gave me the number to a corporate repair shop which said they had the phone for replacement. After I left there I drove a hour home only to find out that the mic doesn't work on the phone they gave me. This is crazy!!!!! Now I have to make the trip over there again and hopefully they have another phone.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 5 days past 30 day mark!!!!!!!

try this

Dank-Ass Robba

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Ouch. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I was on the fence regarding the Pre. Getting sick of WinMO and the fact that no matter how much your pretty up the top layer of the interface you eventually have to deal with vanilla WinMO crap UI. But... after reading about so many quality problems with the Pre I'm definitely staying away from it. I'd rather deal with a so so WinMO UI than crap hardware.

Don't get me wrong here. I really really like the Pre and WebOS. Just scared of the hardware quality.
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...
Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What happened to your one year manufacturer warranty on your new Palm Pre? Please tell me you bought it from a corporate Sprint store, Best Buy or an authorized Sprint agent! Your speaker and mic problems sound like that is covered by the manufacturer warranty and no begging and pleading with Sprint is required to get it replaced for free. What am I missing here???
Old 07-22-2009, 01:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

hiero4life is a n00b

That's not right, if you don't get the service you deserve then go higher. When you go back if they won't help you, ask for their regional manager.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Pre/ Tour

ajquadros is a n00b

Sadly, being outside of your 30 day exchange period no store will exchange for a new one on the spot, the warranty will cover it. But manufacturer warranties dont cover for an exchange in store. If its a corp sprint repair store they will check the phone, attempt to repair it. When that doesn't work, since its a Pre, they will order a replacement (over nighted), or replace in store with a reconditioned unit. This is the policy with corp repair stores. It is possible for a manager to violate the exchange list, however they get tracked for every exeption they make, and most aren't going to risk being written up to get you into a new phone one day sooner.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thegameksk is a n00b

Keep calling. I once had a similar problem with my TOuch Pro. Kept climbing the ladder and once I hit the top they gave me a replacement phone as well as 4 months free service for my troubles.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Palm Pre

jmelan is a n00b

yeah, just keep calling, my brother was able to get a new phone a couple of months back, it just took several tries
Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

dallasjim is becoming a great contributor

I had my Pre for less than a week when a crack developed above the USB slot to the screen. Sprint refuses to replace or to repair. There are numerous references to this problem on Palm forums (I wish I had checked before). The Sprint rep at the Dallas repair center said to call Palm because it is not Sprint's problem. Palm said it is Sprint's problem. After spending 2 days trying to get it replaced or fixed, I determined I am screwed. I have never broken a phone in my life. The Pre is total junk. I just reactivated my trusty Juicy ROM Touch Pro- what a mistake the Pre was. I already knew Sprint was a mistake.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That really sucks! Man I feel your anger and frustration. Try getting on the phone with tech support and see if you can get a replacement due to a non physical damage issue. If you can get them to replace it that way instead then you can send them your old Pre and let Sprint deal with the flimsy cracked screen issue. You have to at least try this route instead of laying down while Sprint points and laughs at you and refuses to do anything for you.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre