PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   THE LIST to submit to palm (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78741)

jbearamus 08-10-2009 02:03 PM

THE LIST to submit to palm

Hey guys I have a management contact at Sprint corporate that is glad to hand of our suggestions to some upper management types at Palm. This thread is for compiling the list to periodically send to Palm through Sprint. Attached to the thread is the current list as of 8/19

so let me know what your ideas are and i'll pass them along

MikeElGiga23 08-10-2009 02:38 PM

Re: Conversation w/ Palm, give me your complaints

Please talk to him about trying to push a file explorer app and enable the ability to download files from the browser in the pre, not having one is a huge drawback in a business device cuz you will need to store multiple files since you have the ability to use the device as a mass storage device wether supported by another app or not, so you will need to download from the web pics, mp3, documents, pdf's, etc as well as saving it from email attachments so having that limitation will hurt a lot of users

So my plea...

1. File manager / explorer
2. Web and email downloading / saving (or an option to open, stream, or download)

Thanx

badchad 08-10-2009 03:05 PM

I'll approach this with a slightly different angle. I didn't buy a Pre because i was concerned about build quality.

The forums over a pre central are crawling with complaints about build quality ("oreo effect", issues with the slider etc). As far as I can tell (and please correct me if I am wrong) the build quality issues haven't been addressed.

I noticed the issues while at the Sprint store. Yes, I'm well aware I was using a demo unit, but nonetheless it caused me concern.

Other than that my only other concern was the software. I'd like a dedicated desktop PIM application and to see an app store explosion. If I recall, some programs (like the calendar) didn't rotate with the accelerometer. The screen was definitely awesome. I found it very responsive to gestures (swiping, pinching etc.)

Fixing the build quality issues would have me overlook all of the above however.

jbearamus 08-10-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badchad (Post 1092441)
I'll approach this with a slightly different angle. I didn't buy a Pre because i was concerned about build quality.

The forums over a pre central are crawling with complaints about build quality ("oreo effect", issues with the slider etc). As far as I can tell (and please correct me if I am wrong) the build quality issues haven't been addressed.

I noticed the issues while at the Sprint store. Yes, I'm well aware I was using a demo unit, but nonetheless it caused me concern.

i've heard the same things and seen some almost horrifying pics about the slider but my phone is second production run (i'm pretty sure) and the slider feels pretty tight but i'll mention it just to be sure

sanmanc 08-10-2009 05:49 PM

Poor signal quality.

zedron 08-10-2009 06:12 PM

*1. Download from web to pre
2. Record Video (I dont use it but the one day I would want to it would be nice to have)
*3. Customized text alerts
4. On screen KB

5. MicroSD slot in a future gen release (I know it wont be anytime soon, but idea is there)
6. Better physical KB

Thats it for now.

mlin 08-10-2009 06:39 PM

1. File Explorer
2. Video Recording
3. On-Screen Keyboard
4. Micro SD Slot
5. Some sort of today-plugin like features. I feel like the home screen lacks functionality.
6. Ability to download and save.
7. Better hardware keyboard

Thats it for now.

jjday7 08-10-2009 10:43 PM

1+ for the poster above

1.file explorer
2.Flash for browser
3.Downloadable content
4.Zip file access
5.Video Recording
6. On screen keyboard

can't change the micro sd situation and a better keyboard is out so I think these things should do.

defamed01 08-10-2009 11:02 PM

1. Universal search not being able to search email, memos, tasks, etc.
2. Not being able to send info, such as contact info, via bluetooth.
3. All day events not showing up in month view on the calendar.
4. Reminder times being more customizable. (ex. wanting to set a reminder 3 hours before a calendar event starts)

jbearamus 08-10-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanmanc (Post 1092784)
Poor signal quality.

yeah this has been mentioned a couple of times over on precentral and we're theorizing a rebuilt radio maybe? what i know is that in terms of signal reception my pre doesn't even come close to the TP and i don't think the TP was that great on reception either