PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Conversation w/ Palm, give me your complaints, suggestions

Is the Palm Pre able to run 3d games like the iphone? Is so, Palm should try to get some big name developers to develop some games like EA, 2k and others...

DIAMOND
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggaboo View Post
I am pretty sure most of the complaint are software issues, not hardware issues so they will hopefully get fixed in future updates. Some of the issues like the oreo effect and loose battery are hardware but you can exchange the phone for a better one and Palm, hopefully, is changing the way they are making the phones so they look the exact same, but do not have the hardware issues.
about 98% of the list i've assembled is software for the phone so there really isn't any reason why we can't have expanded features on the Pre. however some of the requests are things i wouldn't expect palm to implement so my recommendation is definitely keep an eye on the app store especially since theres a lot of cool things happening with homebrew already
as for hardware, palm has been making subtle changes in the 2nd production run, engadget has documented these changes and my pre has (bought mine 8/1 from The Shack) said changes so the hardware is getting better already
Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggaboo View Post
Is the Palm Pre able to run 3d games like the iphone? Is so, Palm should try to get some big name developers to develop some games like EA, 2k and others...
sadly no, http://www.precentral.net/?page=1 but looks like palm is working on creating quite the gaming environment for the pre and webos
Old 08-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

Update:
My rep no showed last week when I was expecting him in town, however; I will be attending the Sprint Vendor Expo SLC tomorrow morning and my Sprint rep says there will be people from Palm there so I should be able to talk to them about it and I'm going to email the list to my direct rep anyway so I should be able to see what Sprint and Palm think soon and I'll let ya guys know what happens
Also by the way, the compiled list has 53 improvements that we'd like to see implemented. Will post or email upon request

Last edited by jbearamus; 08-19-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
Also by the way, the compiled list has 53 improvements that we'd like to see implemented. Will post or email upon request
Why not just post them here? It'll save you from having to PM or email them individually.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

Ok here's what happened. The palm rep listened to a couple of the bigger things that I rattled off the list and he showed me a "work around" for forwarding messaging (it involves a screen shot and MMS) but that was it. He said he could put me in contact with some 3rd party developers who are working with the SDK so he didn't seem like much help.
I ended up talking to my Sprint Rep's boss's boss so a higher up who did mention he talks to a couple of higher ups within Palm itself and he'd be happy to pass along our list so it's not the avenue of communication I was hoping for but we will be heard and hopefully we'll see some good come out of this.
Thank you for the suggestions everyone and if we want to keep this thread going I'll be sure to keep everything compiled and pass things along regularly.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Why not just post them here? It'll save you from having to PM or email them individually.
I was going to try to see if I could attach a document like you would a picture that way we don't end up with a big huge post because I have everything broken down and organized and it turned into a 5 page word document. but I'll post em if that's how we need to do it
Old 08-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Thumbs up Re: Conversation w/ Palm, give me your complaints, suggestions

Media player needs a lot of work, with the web browser also. Media player should at least save where you left off in the song before you closed the app especially since it doesn't allow you to scroll through the song. Also it should allow you to scroll through the song like amazon mp3, not having to hold the FF button till you get to the desired location. It would also be great if the make it like the iphone where if your listening to a podcast, it seperates all the tracks in the podcast allowing you to chose between those tracks and seeing the album art to the track.

the web browser, all it really needs is the ability to save images, ability to send links via email or sms kinda like opera allows for windows mobile, and also to allow for tabbed browsing. well an easier way like say if i have the keyboard closed i can hold the gesture area and click a link and it opens the link in a new card.

Thanks man for helping make the palm experience better than what it already is

Last edited by B18DelSolT; 08-19-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

yeah the web browser is lacking especially the way it formats text. no wrap around like opera and of course no copy and paste and no way to save pics.. palm is way too hush hush about updates. . I am giving them till october 11th
Old 08-19-2009, 11:50 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
I was going to try to see if I could attach a document like you would a picture that way we don't end up with a big huge post because I have everything broken down and organized and it turned into a 5 page word document. but I'll post em if that's how we need to do it

You can upload a .doc or a txt file but you are limited to 19.5 KB.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre