PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

kameisama is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Conversation w/ Palm, give me your complaints, suggestions

I'd really like to see a little bit more work put into polishing Synergy. I quite like how you can combine contact info from various networking sites and append that to each individual contact, but I strongly dislike that some services add contacts to my list without letting me remove them. An example being, today I configured my Pre to work with my AIM account. Without asking me, it merged all my AIM contacts with my main contact list, and now I cannot remove or hide them. This bothers me because there are people on my AIM contact list that I do not want to be in my main Pre contact list--people I don't know too well, wouldn't talk to often, or have only limited information on. I can understand if the scope of this Synergy concept is to keep all contacts in this main list, but as I said I would definitely appreciate being able to hide some contacts and all-together delete others from both AIM and my Pre.
Further, when I was introduced to the Pre, one of the cool features I noticed was that you could start playing music and then go about your business on the phone, with the music still playing in the background. Going off of this, I went ahead and tried it out with youtube videos using the phone's built-in app. To my dismay, both the video and audio stopped once I returned to card view. In future versions, I would like to see the youtube app working under the same premise of uniformity that the rest of the phone seems to abide by.

tl;dr give me more customization and control over my contact list, and allow apps like youtube to continue working in the background.

Last edited by kameisama; 08-11-2009 at 03:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:37 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Ok here is another:

The ability to turn off the auto answer when lifting the Pre off the Touchstone.

I know it has been posted on other sites and it's happened to me a few times. Today my Pre rang while on the Touchstone so I picked it up to see who it was, not thinking because I had other things going on, and had to take the call.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Threadstarter

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Ok here is another:

The ability to turn off the auto answer when lifting the Pre off the Touchstone.

I know it has been posted on other sites and it's happened to me a few times. Today my Pre rang while on the Touchstone so I picked it up to see who it was, not thinking because I had other things going on, and had to take the call.
yeah i can see how that would be annoying, definitely noted
i think i'm up to like 40 different suggestions between here and precentral
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameisama View Post
I'd really like to see a little bit more work put into polishing Synergy. I quite like how you can combine contact info from various networking sites and append that to each individual contact, but I strongly dislike that some services add contacts to my list without letting me remove them. An example being, today I configured my Pre to work with my AIM account. Without asking me, it merged all my AIM contacts with my main contact list, and now I cannot remove or hide them. This bothers me because there are people on my AIM contact list that I do not want to be in my main Pre contact list--people I don't know too well, wouldn't talk to often, or have only limited information on. I can understand if the scope of this Synergy concept is to keep all contacts in this main list, but as I said I would definitely appreciate being able to hide some contacts and all-together delete others from both AIM and my Pre.
Further, when I was introduced to the Pre, one of the cool features I noticed was that you could start playing music and then go about your business on the phone, with the music still playing in the background. Going off of this, I went ahead and tried it out with youtube videos using the phone's built-in app. To my dismay, both the video and audio stopped once I returned to card view. In future versions, I would like to see the youtube app working under the same premise of uniformity that the rest of the phone seems to abide by.

tl;dr give me more customization and control over my contact list, and allow apps like youtube to continue working in the background.
I agree on the AIM contacts. However, what would be the benefit of having a youtube video keep playing after minimizing and going to a different card? Personally, I'd find it rather annoying if a had to manually pause the video everytime I minimize it to do something else.
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

being able to add a launcher page without having to do the hack over at precentral

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 08-18-2009, 04:31 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

hmmm, after reading these complaints, im wondering if i should hold off on buying a pre in november until they release a gen 2 phone?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
hmmm, after reading these complaints, im wondering if i should hold off on buying a pre in november until they release a gen 2 phone?
I am pretty sure most of the complaint are software issues, not hardware issues so they will hopefully get fixed in future updates. Some of the issues like the oreo effect and loose battery are hardware but you can exchange the phone for a better one and Palm, hopefully, is changing the way they are making the phones so they look the exact same, but do not have the hardware issues.

If you wait for a later model, you are taking the chance that Palm might screw up and have a butt ugly phone with webOS. I happen to like the design of the Pre and am currently trying to convince my dad to let me buy one.

DIAMOND
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Today my Pre rang while on the Touchstone so I picked it up to see who it was, not thinking because I had other things going on, and had to take the call.
Stop trying to ignore my calls damit!!!

late,
Coz
Old 08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
being able to add a launcher page without having to do the hack over at precentral
Give it time. Alot of those hacks will eventually find their way to either the device via upgrades or via Homebrew apps.

As it is now, a lot of those hacks are not making new changes to your Pre....those hacks are merely unlocking existing features.

Make sense?

late,
Coz
Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Stop trying to ignore my calls damit!!!

late,
Coz
Damn I just got busted like that girl on facebook.

Software updates, hacks, and homebrews are out there that so far make this device better every week. Give it a try and I think you'll like it better than you anticipate. I was a bit weary about getting it at first but so far I don't regret my decision.

Last edited by sanmanc; 08-18-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre