PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So after 6 + tp's

sprint is offering me 150 for a new phone and 50 for a buy back on my current TP.

anyone think they will give me a pre for that since only its 199.99

i DO not want another Touch pro and i told them i have talked to At&t about a 3 line family plan with 3 iphones ( only 5 $ more ) from what i pay now .

they will loose 3 phones ( 170 a month ) 170x12 =2040$

so im asking what's the chances of me getting a pre
Old 07-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: So after 6 + tp's

probably very slim to none, but you have nothing to lose for asking so you may as well try
Old 07-17-2009, 12:38 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

It depends when your contract is up. I'm sure you've done so already but add up you ETFs and do you really want AT&T's network?

Old 07-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Just a NooB
Threadstarter

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
It depends when your contract is up. I'm sure you've done so already but add up you ETFs and do you really want AT&T's network?
no not really but since the pre is the only phone i want from sprint atm the iphone for me is the next best thing
Old 07-17-2009, 01:50 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

You may consider speaking to retentions. Call customer service and ask to be transferred to retentions since you are considering leaving them. Retentions can probably help you out especially if you have been a long time customer. I'll see if I can dig up their direct number and post it for you.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Just a NooB
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
You may consider speaking to retentions. Call customer service and ask to be transferred to retentions since you are considering leaving them. Retentions can probably help you out especially if you have been a long time customer. I'll see if I can dig up their direct number and post it for you.
called retentions around 10 times all gave me the circle jerk
Old 07-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro and Diamond

THE GUY is a n00b

Im in the same boat as you right now. Been through multiple TP's and keep wasting my own time returning them and getting a new one. Hell my current one won't charge or connect to PC due to a bad USB port and I got it yesterday.

Anyways, Sprint told me they have to take it up with managment since the Pre is a store release only. Which is BS since I called and acted dumb and ordered one over the phone only to cancel at the last min to prove the point. They told me they will have me a answer in the next 2 days. This was after they tried to replace my pro with a diamond, then told me I could buy a Pre for $579 and they would knock $150 off. I could be a new customer and get it cheaper.

Well good luck with yours, I see myself getting a iphone soon due to horrid customer service.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

On touch pro number 10 though this one has a weird feel to the screen like it was reattached but this one I am plan on just keeping since their executive services promised me a free upgrade on any phone I want. Just wish they knew when the tp2 would be out that's what I pan on upgrading.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRiNT

clami is becoming a great contributor

lol i was on 13 or 12 TP's (lost count after 10 lol) but yea basicaly i got the Pre for $100! just talk to the manager an explain how much gas yuve waisted on driving to them when yu could of saved it an ditched them for AT&T or sumthin lol. worked for me! juss my 2 cents!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If anyone currently using the TP is wondering if they should try the Pre or not I will say this... As much as I like my TP and the ability to tweak, manipulate files, etc, I really have not missed it over my new Palm Pre. The Pre is really that likable. As of right now there is no file management software on the Pre like windows explorer/total commander, etc, but I haven't really found a need for it. I'm loving the awesome very responsive capacitive touch screen!!! Also the Palm Pre has absolutely ZERO lag!!! The slide out qwerty keyboard is not as bad as some people claim. It's actually very nice and again ZERO lag on the keyboard too!!! I have yet to see any Os issues on either one of my Palm Pre's (I have 2 lines on my acct.). I have never had to reset my Pre for any reason other than after an OTA update. Otherwise the WebOS is trouble free and LAG free. The multitasking is simply the best of any device I have ever seen or used period. closing any app is a single flick of your finger and it closes completely at that instant with no hesitation. And playing movies/dvd rips, etc on the Palm Pre is also the best over any pda I have ever seen or used. It will play 30fps converted videos at 1024kpbs with absolutely NO frame skipping or lag whatsoever!!!!! You can't do that on the Touch Pro or the TP2!!! Youtube on the Pre is the same excellent quality with no frame skipping or buffering. It's VERY nice!!! Battery life on the Pre is much better than the TP. I can actually leave home without a car charger now!!! You can't do that on a TP unless you are just going out to check your mail real quick. Build quality on the Pre in my opinion is excellent other than the slide function being a little cheap feeling. I expected it to be as smooth as "ice" but it's actually like any other slide out keyboard/keypad phone. With use it loosens up and works fine. I will also give a word of advice on the slide out keyboard... when you go to buy your new Pre... check to make sure the slide keyboard while closed does not have excessive side play. Check it by gently twisting the top layer of the phone against the bottom layer of the phone. I returned my first Pre due to that problem and I checked several brand new Pre's out of the box and hand picked the one that had the best feel to my expectations. Yes some do have a little more side to side slack but most people wouldn't think twice about it. Any of you "anal" people out there (like myself...lol) might want to give your potential new Pre a good overall slide inspection BEFORE the rep activates it on your account. Other than that (which is a personal opinion on the slide issue), the Palm Pre is THE phone to have!!! So get working on the CS reps to aquire a supervisor's curteousy free early upgrade eligibility or multi exchange upgrade on your "malfunctioning" TP that's still in it's original 1 year manufacturer warranty period.

Good Luck guys and gals and words of advice from ME... never say a word to the reps about a Palm Pre before you have gotten them to agree to replace your TP with a comparable device "with a slide qwerty keyboard" (very important comparable feature not on any other current pda,,,hint hint) and second be very nice and polite while giving them a compliment or two while on the phone with them. That alone will go a long way.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 07-20-2009 at 04:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre