PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

defamed01 is keeping up the good workdefamed01 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WebOS 1.1 is out!

ersion information

• Version: webOS 1.1.0
  • Release date: 23 July 2009
  • Configuration: Sprint 1.7
New applications

NFL Mobile Live from Sprint

• Watch or listen to live NFL games right on your phone.
Feature changes to existing applications

Calendar

• For Calendar accounts you create on your phone, the default reminder intervals are 15 minutes for timed events and one day for all-day events. A few notes:
    • This change applies only if software version 1.1 was on your phone when you bought it, or if you did a partial or full erase on your phone and signed in to your Palm profile again after updating to version 1.1. If you simply update your phone to software version 1.1, the default reminder intervals in Calendar do not change.
    • This change applies only to Calendar events you create on your phone, not to events that are synchronized to your phone from an online account.
Camera

• The Photos application opens more quickly when launched from the camera.
Clock

• Enhanced support for time zones in Clock.
  • When you set an alarm in Clock, an alarm icon appears in the notification area at the bottom of the screen. Tap the icon to display alarm details. Alarm details include the following:
    • If the alarm is set for the current day, the alarm time appears.
    • If the alarm is set for tomorrow, the alarm time and "Tomorrow" appear.
    • If the alarm is set for any day other than today or tomorrow, the day of the alarm appears.
Contacts

• Friends added and deleted in Facebook on the web are now correctly added and deleted in the Facebook account in Contacts on the phone.
  • As soon as you create or makes changes to a Google contact on the phone, the phone begins a sync to reflect those changes in Google on the web.
Email

• When you set up an Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) email account, you can enter the mail server name as an IP address.
  • Support for self-signed certificates with multiple common names has been added.
  • When you reply to an email in HTML format using an EAS account, the formatting of the sender's original message is now retained in the reply.
  • Palm's EAS implementation now supports several Exchange ActiveSync Policies, including the following:
    • PIN/Password Required. IT administrators can ensure a password is assigned to the phone. Administrators can also specify the minimum length of the password.
    • Inactivity timeout. IT administrators can ensure that an inactive phone goes into a locked state after a certain time period. You cannot set a higher timeout interval for your phone, but you can set a shorter interval.
    • Remote Wipe. IT Administrators can remotely erase all data on a phone from their Exchange console. IT administrators can also have the device wipe itself if an incorrect password is entered more than a specified number of times.
Messaging

• You can enter emoticons in new text, multimedia, and instant messages. Emoticons also display in incoming messages.
  • If you set the phone to use a 24-hour time format, the message times shown in a conversation appear in 24-hour time.
  • If you go into an IM account's preferences, all the options are available even if you are signed in to the account. You can tap Remove Account to delete the account, enter a new password to update the password, or tap Sign In to sign in with your updated password. Previously, you needed to sign out of the account before you could use these preferences.
  • When you delete an IM account, a message now appears asking you to confirm that you want to delete the account.
Phone

• When multiple missed call notifications are displayed on the dashboard, the time of the most recent missed call is shown.
  • When you slide the ringer switch off, a bell icon with a slash is displayed. Previously, the icon was a speaker with a slash.
  • In Phone Preferences, the Show Contact Matches preference is now turned on by default. When typing on the keyboard in the phone app, the phone automatically displays both the numbers being entered and any contact matches for the characters entered.
System

• Improved functionality of person reminders. A person reminder is a notification that you create in a contact entry. The notification appears when you have a call or exchange an email, text, multimedia, or IM message with a contact.
  • Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (8.2.1).
  • When you enter a search term in Card view or the Launcher to perform a universal search, if you select the Wikipedia web search option, results are shown in the Wikipedia Mobile site instead of the Desktop site.
Web

• You can now use symbols from the symbols table (Sym + key) when you enter text into a web page dialog box.
  • If you have a page open at a certain zoom level, leave the page, and use the onscreen Back button or the back gesture to return to the page, the zoom level is restored right away.
  • A new gesture is now available that works the same as the onscreen Forward button. To move forward through open web pages, make a short swipe left to right in the gesture area.
  • When using the Wikipedia drop-down search feature in the address bar, results are shown in the Wikipedia Mobile site instead of the Desktop site.
  • When you tap a link, the link appears highlighted to indicate it has been activated, even if it takes a moment for the linked page to open.
YouTube

• After you enter search text, you can tap the Search icon to perform a search. You still have the option of pressing Enter to perform the search.
On a more subtle note, they've added animations to the menus, and scrolling seems a bit smoother. The OS seems a bit snappier as well. The notification sound is different, sound a bit more hollow and less of a bell if that makes any sense. Also, if you have any notifications, you no longer have to dismiss or minimize them after unlocking the screen. That's all I've noticed so far. All in all, it took about 20 minutes total to download the 87mb file, validate, and update.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:44 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: WebOS 1.1 is out!

How sweet it is my Pre seams much snappier now
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

87 MB and download over ther next couple of days. Wow. I'm pushing it through now. I hope it doesn't mess up my hacks and homebrews.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

Fresh2Death is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fresh2Death Send a message via Yahoo to Fresh2Death

im glad that my phone nolonger has that sluggish scroll in the recent callers list. finally, the only set back is gone.
previous owned phones - Apache 6700, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, Nexus One - current phone in use : Nexus One
Old 07-24-2009, 02:18 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Now its letting me login to my ppcgeeks profile...bout time...Its getting better and better...!O!

NFL Live from Sprint right before the season kicks off...yes.!!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

BirdfluNuggetz is a n00b

Ninjamom bought me my Pre on Friday...checked UPS and it should be arriving Monday morning...Woohoo! =D>

I am not very "techie" (yet) on these phones, but Ninjamom is slowly showing me "the way"...

One question: Will the OS "auto-update" to version 1.1, or is there a manual option to go "check for updates"?

Much thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:54 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdfluNuggetz View Post
Ninjamom bought me my Pre on Friday...checked UPS and it should be arriving Monday morning...Woohoo! =D>

I am not very "techie" (yet) on these phones, but Ninjamom is slowly showing me "the way"...

One question: Will the OS "auto-update" to version 1.1, or is there a manual option to go "check for updates"?

Much thanks in advance.
Congratulations on your new Pre. Unless you root your Pre it will AutoUpdate.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre