PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20
Why Didn't You Tell Me!!!!

Why didn't anyone TELL me the pre was so sweet?!??!? I sat there and played with it for an hour in the Sprint store. The camera can take 4 pictures before the HTC Touch Pro camera can even friggin LOAD. Multi tasking is a smooth and elegant breeze. Browser was fast. and the notifications DIDN'T interrupt what I was doing. Friggin' amazin'

I am sold. C'moooooon PAYday!

nb
Old 07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Why Didn't You Tell Me!!!!

I am telling U a long time ago but U didn't listen.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 07-22-2009, 07:58 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Yep this is a sweet device. I don't even miss my WinMo device.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Actually I was pretty much sold when I saw the darn thing in January...but being jobless curtailed my tech purchases a bit...now that I am again fully and gainfully employed, me thinks me needs this phone.

I am looking to getting into the homebrew/rooting community. Looks to be some pretty funs stuff available in there.

Nb
Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
I am looking to getting into the homebrew/rooting community. Looks to be some pretty funs stuff available in there.

You can download the sdk now and play with the emulator if you are interested in brewing your own apps. Here is a good place to start:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

milenkoben is a n00b

there are definitely a lot of pros about the pre, but there are definitely cons compared to my touch pro. i miss the amount of customization, im hoping that the longer its out the more we are able to do. i suck at developing anything so i dont bother lol. switing apps and getting alerts and what not is definitely a lot smoother, but there are just too many features and apps that i miss from winmo.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah Sanmanc called my bluff. I don't know how to develop a thing

While I know there is some customization and (of course) programs that I might not have access to for a while, the efforts that the homebrewers have going have given me faith in the community over there. It's only been about a month, and (homebrew) apps are pouring in. there is a project to create a homescreen, there are ways to customize sounds...

I figure if I can get slick and smooth AND be able to customize (even if it is in the future) I will be happy to be an early adopter.

But I'll probably keep my Touch Pro for back up

nb
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre